• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swaine Adeney Case - Opinion/Advice Wanted

dreamtripper

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a new SAB soft briefcase that will double as a laptop case and am undecided between Dark London Tan and Havana. I prefer the Dark London Tan but think it might be less versatile and not look as good in combination with darker colored suits. What are your thoughts?

If I can't figure it out, I'm thinking about getting the classic wrap around in Dark London Tan and the Laptop case in Havana.

Also, do you know if there is a significant difference in quality between the machine stitched vs. hand stitched version?

Wrap-around: http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/produc..._dc/index.html

Laptop Case: http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/produc..._dc/index.html

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have several of these and find the Havana much more versitile. The Dark London Tan is a new description to the usual "London Tan". Not sure if it is the same colour. Both of the cases you are looking at are stunning.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick A
I have several of these and find the Havana much more versitile. The Dark London Tan is a new description to the usual "London Tan". Not sure if it is the same colour. Both of the cases you are looking at are stunning.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dreamtripper

Reaction score
Good observation, evidently Dark London Tan is actually Newmarket Tan which is a little darker.

Have you found much of the difference between machine the stitched and hand stitched cases?

Originally Posted by Nick A

dreamtripper

Reaction score
Just ordered the Paternoster in Havana and the Wrap Around in Dark London Tan. Hopefully, they live up to their reputation!

dreamtripper

Reaction score
Will do. The Paternoster should arrive within the next week from the UK store. I wanted some additional internal pockets/storage in the wrap-round so unfortunately that one is getting made and will be ready in 8-12 weeks.

I heard that there are only 15 people in the SAB factory that work on making the leather products and thought this seemed like a rather low number. Can anyone verify?

Rambler

Reaction score
I currently own the wrap case in London tan. I've owned other SAB cases in Havana and chestnut. I would chose the London tan every time. I would argue that it's more versatile than Havana as it looks great with blacks and browns (light and dark). Havana does not go as well with black imo. For versatility, I would say LT>chestnut>Havana, from my experience with all 3 colors. But NONE of the colors would be a bad choice!

dreamtripper

Reaction score
Thanks. I just recieved the Paternoster in Havana and still have the wrap case in London Tan incoming .

Do you carry a computer in your wrap case? Did you have any internal/external pockets added? I'm having internal pockets added to mine for writing instruments/business cards/phone/calculator and considered the small newspaper pocket in the rear, but thought that might affect the case's clean lines.

Rambler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dreamtripper
Thanks. I just recieved the Paternoster in Havana and still have the wrap case in London Tan incoming .

Do you carry a computer in your wrap case? Did you have any internal/external pockets added? I'm having internal pockets added to mine for writing instruments/business cards/phone/calculator and considered the small newspaper pocket in the rear, but thought that might affect the case's clean lines.

Dreamtripper, I just responded to your PM to answer your questions. I carry my 17 inch laptop in mine everyday which fits easily.

Canary Wharf

Reaction score
London Tan is a really great colour. Not seen Dark London Tan (is it really much different?)

Either way, you will **** yourself first time they get scratched.

A bell hop at the Fairmont Copley Plaza dropped one of my SAB pieces on the pavement (a Cambridge 19") - was about to kill the dude then thought how better they look a bit bashed up.

Enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads