• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW1 - Introduction!!!!

tony19

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

About a month or so ago I posted a thread in order to find out where Luca Rubinacci got a specific pair of loafers he wore on the Sartorialsts' blog. (picture attached). After many searches and long hours on the internet I finally found out the company that made them and ordered myself the exact pair. (pictures attached). This specific model is called the "Sloop". Even the name of the shoe is cool. I absolutely love them. They are extremely comfortable and versatile. This style of shoe is one of a kind and so original I couldn't pass it up.

I am proud to introduce SW1 (http://www.sw1.it/).

Some of you may already know about this company but I don't think it has formally been introduced to the forum yet. It is a small company established in Milan. It is a small company at this point but their product is very high-end AND affordable which is even more attractive. They are a small company at this point and still working out kinks to sell and supply to the US, however, their costumer service is incredible and very easy to deal with if you are purchasing from the US or other countries. I dealt directly with the owner Francesco d'Urso who is great to work with, and very accountable and responsive.

SW1 has a wide collection of traditional Milanese shoes, including the sloop, in different leathers, colors and styles that you simply can not find anywhere else. They also have some very high quality attractive ties that I purchased as well. Please visit their website to see for yourself.

I have no offiliation with the company, I am just a very satisfied costumer and excited to spread the word and hope others can benefit from the quality of their product and service. Actually, a few of my closest friends have ordered a pair and love them as well. They will most likely be responding to this post with pictures of their Sloops.

If you are interested in buying a pair please send me a message and I can help walk you through the steps. Also, please feel free to ask any other questions regarding sizing, etc.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tony19
About a month or so ago I posted a thread in order to find out where Luca Rubinacci got a specific pair of loafers he wore on the Sartorialsts' blog. (picture attached). After many searches and long hours on the internet I finally found out the company that made them and ordered myself the exact pair. (pictures attached). This specific model is called the "Sloop".

Congratulations on your timing as well as your Sloops. I have a post on SW1 that will run Monday, with a photo of my Sloops as well as a pair of Hamptons. So you scooped me.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayford Booth
Whats the avg cost of their shoes?

I really am not the person to contact about that as I have only purchased one pair of sloops which are approximately 400 euros, but I would say they range from 300 to 500 euros depending on the shoe model and time of year.

fra

Reaction score
Tony, what an incredibly nice introduction. Thank you very much. As you know I am so happy you like the Sloops so much and that you understood their unique flair.

So happy to know also that there will be a post about them and about another quite unique style of ours (the Hamptons) on a asuitablewardrobe tomorrow (what an honour). Thank you very much upfront Will. Look forward to reading your comments on them.

All this started with a photo of Luca Rubinacci wearing the Sloop and I think I should inform you that Luca has developed together with us a line of shoes with the utmost attention to the leathers used and to the style, which is extremely elegant and simple. We developed three styles at present and one of them is inspired by the Sloop but with some distinct features which, to the eye of the expert, make it different. For the ones amongts you who live in London, I think you should be able to find them in the Mount Street shop (I should better say Boutique-Atelier) soon.

I will post some better photos of the Sloops on Monday (no insult to Tony, the photos he posted were made by ourselves....).

Thanks againd to Tony and Will and....also to Luca.

Fra
(www.sw1.it)

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fra
Tony, what an incredibly nice introduction. Thank you very much. As you know I am so happy you like the Sloops so much and that you understood their unique flair.

So happy to know also that there will be a post about them and about another quite unique style of ours (the Hamptons) on a asuitablewardrobe tomorrow (what an honour). Thank you very much upfront Will. Look forward to reading your comments on them.

All this started with a photo of Luca Rubinacci wearing the Sloop and I think I should inform you that Luca has developed together with us a line of shoes with the utmost attention to the leathers used and to the style, which is extremely elegant and simple. We developed three styles at present and one of them is inspired by the Sloop but with some distinct features which, to the eye of the expert, make it different. For the ones amongts you who live in London, I think you should be able to find them in the Mount Street shop (I should better say Boutique-Atelier) soon.

I will post some better photos of the Sloops on Monday (no insult to Tony, the photos he posted were made by ourselves....).

Thanks againd to Tony and Will and....also to Luca.

Fra
(www.sw1.it)

No problem Francesco. I agree a certain shout out should be for Luca who rocked them so well and for the Sartorialist who took a great shot. I have enclosed a photo of his new shoe line so all can see. You'll notice there are some changes in the details by Luca. Still a good looking shoe.

trailer36

Reaction score
To follow up with Tony and Francesco, I would like to share with you all the Sloops I received from SW1. Mine are the lighter brown leather which I bought with the intention of polishing them with a darker polish to produce a slight antiquing effect. I have done this with another pair of shoes and I am really liking the effects. Here are the photos of my Sloops after 1 good polish:

Sloop1.jpg

front
sloop2.jpg

side
sloop3.jpg

The shoes themselves are Blake welted and seem to be of very high quality construction. The leather seemed a little stiff at first but after 3 wears it has actually become quite soft and pliable. It reminds me of the leather on my Crockett & Jones Handgrade Hallam but better.

As far as customer service goes, Francesco is one of the best. His email follow ups and transaction facilitation made the purchase that much easier and enjoyable. Bottom line, if you choose to use SW1 for your next pair of shoes you won't be sorry.

Let me know if you have any questions about the shoes or the store and I will help as much as I can.

heard546

Reaction score
Link doesn't work. Pop up window error when link is clicked.

helpslip

Reaction score
That's due to the ")" being included in the hypertext. Use the link in "Fra"'s signature instead
Help!

fra

Reaction score
Hi all, in the photos posted in the thread the Sloop and the development made with Luca R. look much "bulkier" than in reality (it is easy to distort proportions when picturing a pair of shoes).

I anticipated I would have posted some better photos of the Sloop but I realised they are too "heavy" for being loaded on the forum.

You can find two photos in our website (www.sw1.it) following this route: LA LINEA-Gallery / Grandi Maestri Italiani / Mocassini - slip ons / photos 15 and 16, and I am sure the one which will be posted on http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/ , as Will anticipated, will also be nice.

Regards.

Fra

fra

Reaction score
....sorry forgot to say for some reasons I am not able to see the photos posted by trailer 36, which might instead render correctly the proportions of the Sloop. Thank you very much trailer 36 for the kind words.

for your information The leather of the Sloops of trailer 36 is water buffalo which is a very supple leather.

Fra

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very much like the looks of the darkbrown suede Chelsea HG, can you tell me if you offer them in EU40/UK6.5 and how much they are nowadays?

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SW1 died years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads