• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***SW&D Photography Thread***

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The set I posted is split between the Sony 55-210, the Sigma 30mm 2.8 and a Pentax PK-mount 50mm 2.0. The macro shots were taken with the 55-210 or Pentax 50 with a Konica Minolta close-up lens.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSCF5280.1_o.jpg

DSCF5645_o.jpg

TheChefs

Reaction score
Not being happy with the colours from my DSLR I went back to film about 6 months ago. I love the classic cameras...

There's nothing quite like medium format hasselblad or cheap full frame camera. Few shots from my trip to Nepal and around my town...

Pashupatinath by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Waiter by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Shave by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Annapurna by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

rr80s+xtol_rescan024.jpg by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

rr80s+xtol_rescan048.jpg by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I felt like making some bad decisions so I have an x100s on order and this thing and a lot of accoutrements arriving.

Anyone want a portrait done?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I have tried the following cameras (with good lenses where appropriate), first hand, for extended periods of time over the last two months (or longer):

1. Sony RX100
2. Fuji X100S
3. Olympus OM-D EM5
4. Ricoh GR
5. Nikon D600

And, I have tried many other cameras throughout the last 7-8 years, including Leicas, Canons, Nikons, APS-C, Full Frame, 1.3 crop, etc. etc. etc.

The camera that stands above the rest - for my needs - is the Ricoh GR. Unless you shoot sports, or need (really, really need) exceptional 6400+ ISO quality in huge prints, it is simply put the perfect photographer's tool. It has its negatives, but for style of photography and for what I am after, it is second to none. It's completely customizable (buttons, functions, menus), completely one-hand operational, exceptionally light while being robust, with a gorgeous 28mm lens and no AA filter. The quality of the images are quite frankly mind-bending.

My two cameras that I am keeping are the Ricoh GR and the Olympus OM-D EM5 with a couple lenses (mostly for photos of my daughter at a distance, like at a play or performance, etc.)

I cannot say enough good things about the Ricoh GR. :slayer:

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Played around with the Ricoh GR, and it's pretty awesome. Lack of viewfinder killed it for me though. I found it had serious issues at low light. The controls, menus, etc were A++. Ended up ordering an x100s instead, but the GR was pretty rad.

TheChefs

Reaction score

I felt like making some bad decisions so I have an x100s on order and this thing and a lot of accoutrements arriving.

Anyone want a portrait done?

Which bronica is it? The 6x6 or 645 format? I love square format, especially after getting hasselblad. It's a different experience shooting it and it's great for everything, not just portraits.

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which bronica is it? The 6x6 or 645 format? I love square format, especially after getting hasselblad. It's a different experience shooting it and it's great for everything, not just portraits.

It's an sq-a 6x6. Taking some getting used to; haven't gotten anything developed yet. I'm not used to not having a TTL light meter

TheChefs

Reaction score

It's an sq-a 6x6. Taking some getting used to; haven't gotten anything developed yet. I'm not used to not having a TTL light meter

Which lightmeter have you got? I use Sekonic l-308s, 95% of the time in incident mode. It took me awhile to get used to it, but having perfect exposure every single time is something that I enjoy a lot. I'm looking around for a 2nd hand L-758d, since I want a spot meter. As incident mode metering doesn't work too well for slide film.

rr80s_xtol006.jpg by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Helping Hands Pokhara by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few, while not outstanding, that I'm proud of recently:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which lightmeter have you got? I use Sekonic l-308s, 95% of the time in incident mode. It took me awhile to get used to it, but having perfect exposure every single time is something that I enjoy a lot. I'm looking around for a 2nd hand L-758d, since I want a spot meter. As incident mode metering doesn't work too well for slide film.

Neat shots! For the first roll through I just used my Nikon FE, which was probably risky but I couldn't wait. The Sekonic I-308 works for you? Haven't invested in a meter yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads