1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SW&D Dog Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I think it's because they smell stuff like maybe leftover food on your hands.

1 person likes this.
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's because the dog likes you.

3. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

yup .. if you don't like dogs washing your hands for you, maybe you should do it yourself.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

This is Koji. He's an 8 month old Shiba Inu. My girlfriend was walking our other shiba down the street a few weeks ago, and a lady who was driving by leaned out of her car and asked my girlfriend if she would be willing to take her dog. This is almost exactly how we got our first one, except that it wasn't a stranger. People buy them expecting cute little lap dogs, but they're more like miniature huskies. They need exercise, attention, socialization, and a lot of love. Koji's former guardian "couldn't handle him," which isn't all that surprising, and is something a lot of "former shiba owners" say. It turns out that Koji was a "gift from a friend," who had surprised this woman with the dog, which s/he had in turn purchased at an absolutely horrific place called, I shit you not, "Puppies 'N Stuff." We looked it up today, and it's like doggy hell. Absolutely sickening - unhealthy puppies crammed together in what look like kiddie pools full of saw dust. Our first shiba has almost the exact same story - she was bought at a pet store by a family who thought she was just so cute, and rapidly discovered that they just couldn't handle her. Thankfully, despite his disrupted puppyhood, he seems healthy.

He's an absolute sweetheart, and the happiest little puppy you ever saw - except that he's pretty scared. People-shy, especially, and afraid of the dark, I think. His former owner gave us his kennel, and we both are pretty sure that he just got locked up in it for about 8 hours a day, because he hates the thing. I think that's part of his night-fears, too - bedtime probably meant even more crate-time.

Now he gets 2-3 walks a day, exhaustive playtime, more love and attention than he wants, good food, sun, socialization, trips up into the mountains (he loves snow! His favorite thing to do is bury his head in a snow drift and snuffle along under it like a snow-shark - oh, and he also likes to chew on pine needles), and he has a new best friend who he gets along with very well. I'm really happy that he's come to a good home. Hopefully he'll get more and more comfortable, and will eventually stop trying to hide under beds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sometimes he gets his tongue stuck under his jaw when he's licking things, and can't figure out how to un-stick it.

[​IMG]
    Here he is with our other little princess, learning how to beg. We didn't get them blue and pink collars on purpose, he just got a hand-me-down.

[​IMG]
    And finally, here are the two of them together.

Anyway, whenever people ask where we got them, I just say "rescue."

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    37 people like this.
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

6. stick

stick Senior member

I have an intense hatred for people who don't understand what taking care of a dog entails.

The derpy face on your white Shiba in that last picture is adorable.

2 people like this.
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Can't +1 this enough.

8. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Synth, I think I love you.

Don't think this post is saveable with a 'no homo'.

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Ok, I know this is about dogs, but I have to say nice car! [​IMG]

I have #1179.

10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I got a new cat. I don't have a great story like Synthese does, but he is friggin adorable anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Brad I would let you and your cats cook me dinner any day

12. AKang

AKang Senior member

[​IMG]

very difficult trying to wear anything dark with such a furry white dog, but he's pretty awesome

7 people like this.
  13. Vickt

Vickt Senior member

Same problem here with the dark clothes. AKang, Is that an eskimo, spitz, samoyed, or another breed?

Puppy evo - 4 months old now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17 people like this.
  14. AKang

AKang Senior member

haha wow i assume yours is an american eskimo?

my dog (oliver) is a miniature american eskimo

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

yesssssssssssssssssssss

this thread validates the forum

16. Vickt

Vickt Senior member

Japanese Spitz! They look really similar, so much so that they're not recognized by the AKC yet. They were really popular in Taiwan years ago, our parents raised some. Grow to about 15 - 20 lbs.

17. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

dogs > everything

5 people like this.
  18. AKang

AKang Senior member

sounds pretty much like a mini american eskimo. i got my dog from an american eskimo breeder out in minnesota. decided to go with a breeder specializing in one breed because dogs like this (white), if they are not bred properly, their coat turns out all weird and they also have some nasty redish stains around their eyes. i think i lucked out cuz oliver turned out to be a pretty good lookin wingman ;) hes about 21lbs now and this is as big as he'll get. turned 3 in october.

[​IMG]

19. barrangadang

barrangadang Well-Known Member

Having a toy poodle really made me want a standard, but grooming a standard poodle [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. colabear

colabear Senior member

my new dawgy, his name is Bastian
    [​IMG]