• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sw&d Does Mc - Vote Now! Or Just Nitpick, Or Both, Whatever

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
THERE IS ONLY ONE POLL AND IT IS IN THE SW&D THREAD SO CLICK HERE TO VOTE! OK - Switching it up a little this week by actually HAVING a contest: 1. Voting lasts until FRIDAY when a winner will be announced 2. Multiple voting is enabled 3. The voting thread will be posted in SW&D - Everyone votes in one thread. 4. Highest total of votes wins and... well if they want to choose a theme and have their own SW&D fit contest, I mean I can only speak for me but I'll participate? Okay so there's no real prize. Anyway. Without further delay, your 20 (!) entrants: Graphicnovelty
picture001yt.jpg
Desi
DSC_0384.jpg
TheKunk07
photo-1584.jpg
KPO89
2010-10-14_07-43-52_396.jpg
Macuser3of5
2yxojyu.jpg
AR_Six
010f1.jpg
Lmaozedong
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg
Constant Struggle
suit1.JPG
suit2.JPG
StanleyVanBuren
waywt6.jpg
BrianVarick
DSC01120.jpg
DSC01124.jpg
Eason
9tgw74.jpg
Nil
lifestyle.jpg
Shoreman1782
DSC_1081.JPG
Mellowfellow
5197206268_bf4576a5b0_z.jpg
Max_R
img1661i.jpg
Lel
waywt.jpg
Binker
IMG_2097.jpg
Pinkpantser
IMG_0695.jpg
Nicelynice
30syct5.jpg
Adam24
suitpenche.jpg
suitdetails.jpg
VOTE NOW!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Removed dick post.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
"Public defenders" are also known as the bottom 1/5th of the class in law school. Just sayin'. Maybe you should've been reading something more useful than Flusser. OH COME ON I'M JUST JOKING Go vote.
[edit] I voted. FWIW, far more difficult to get into the Philly PD than any top 10 law firm. Just sayin.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's some cool looks in there. I like MellowFellow and PinkPanster's cripsy steeziness.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally think you should've split the poll like MC did with theirs. It'd be nice to see the difference in forums with the votes. It's fairly clear there will be only a few front runners, so it won't be much additional work figuring out the overall winner.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that how I look in my TaT suit
facepalm.gif
Heh Jk

I did just notice how similar all the MC posters look, just like I noticed how similar these posters look. Funny.(To all the potential snark about how MC posters wear suits that fit right blah blah, no I don't just mean fit).

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the biggest misconception of SW&D is that MC fits requires black shoes- like the MC folk were attracted to scarves.

But I had to go with Desi- that was just plain cool. Flag shoes and all.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Apparently the biggest misconception of SW&D is that MC fits requires black shoes- like the MC folk were attracted to scarves.

I don't think it's so much a misconception on the SW&D side as that we just like black a lot more than MC people.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
picture001yt.jpg

Kind of boring. Just looks like a regular college guy who needed to look presentable, which is probably exactly what you are. Not a bad thing.

Desi

DSC_0384.jpg

Too much. Loose the shoes and get a nice pair of leather shoes, and you could pull of the rest. It would be a much nicer effect. The tie draws some attention, but isn't terribly over the top, and upon sitting down, the socks would cement an eccentric, but sharp look.

TheKunk07

photo-1584.jpg

"Midnight Meat Train" anyone? You look uncomfortable and like you would kill me on the subway or try to sell me a the Book of Mormon. Perhaps both?

KPO89

2010-10-14_07-43-52_396.jpg

Not bad, but you look like a funeral director. You can dress age appropriately in a suit as well. People who don't like to wear suit seem to immediately go for extremely conservative "old" combos. Have some fun.

Macuser3of5

2yxojyu.jpg

Looks great. This is MC by SW&D. Everything is relatively proper, but with a modern ease and presence

AR_Six

010f1.jpg

Its out there, but you look good. This is another good example of the contest. MC element put together is a fashion forward street-wear style.

Lmaozedong

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Pants seem oddly low, like there is something heavy in your pants. Pull them up and have them lengthened. Shorten the coat sleeves, and don't buy pocket-squares and ties in a set.

Constant Struggle

suit1.JPG

suit2.JPG

Normal looking. A little shiney.

StanleyVanBuren

waywt6.jpg

find a different tie and shoes and go with it. Looks pretty good.

BrianVarick

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

Shine your shoes and you'll be doing much better. Thats just basic maintenance. There is not reason to have shoes in such terrible condition.

Eason

9tgw74.jpg

You obviously have a developed physique, and this is doing you no good. The pants look sloppy. They need to be pulled up or shortened. The jacket is comically shrunken on you. I don't mean it as an insult. Someone who was thinner may be able to pull off the look, but your rather masculine build calls for a more masculine cut. I could see you pulling off Tom Ford quite well.

Nil

lifestyle.jpg

Yo look fine I guess. I can't really see it.

Shoreman1782

DSC_1081.JPG

Unassuming. Looks like you had to dress up for something and did it acceptably.

Mellowfellow

5197206268_bf4576a5b0_z.jpg

You look great.

Max_R

img1661i.jpg

Looks good. Basic and rather sharp. You would probably be well received here if described as a little boring.

Lel

waywt.jpg

No good, like a guy in a suit putting on a pair of sneakers. Not MC does a jacket make.

Binker

IMG_2097.jpg

Odd, but interesting. If you pants were the "right" length, the look would be elevated quite a bit. As is it looks a bit sloppy. With one very tailored aspect, like trouser length, the look would appear more intentional.

Pinkpantser

IMG_0695.jpg

This looks great. Probably better than everyone else on here.

Nicelynice

30syct5.jpg

Looks pretty good. Sleeves are too long and shoes stick out.

Adam24

suitpenche.jpg

suitdetails.jpg

Another good example of the contest.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice looks in there. Some bad fits and some terrible ones. Its easy to see those who have style irrespective of the genre they are trying to dress to.

Nicely done sw&d guys ... overall a solid effort - a couple i could see myself wearing.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Adam24's shoes. And AR Six seems to do TB pretty well. lmaozedong's suit has a classic 3 to 2 lapel & only needs a little tailoring to get it looking great. Macuser3of5 pulls off the suit nicely, and PinkPantster's look is striking, even tho there's no way I would ever wear it, or would want to. Desi's flannel suit would look better with a different tie & shoes, and aeglus...come on, that's not fair, man. You've had practice. Mellowfellow's fit is awesome.

A few did it great. With others, well, there's a lot to criticize, but hey, at least they tried. Props for posting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads