• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW&D Challenge: Milkman with a Dark Past | 19th February - 4th of March

belabo

Reaction score

We'd walk to school year round but I always remember those dark autumn mornings. We would walk in darkness until the sun rose behind the clouds and threw its diffuse illumination over everything all at once. I never wanted to put a laundered shirt on in the morning and the calm light would only make me more restless. I wanted to take huge, looping steps. As though I was trying to run on the moon. He was always the calm one. We would steal empty milk bottles from our neighbour's doorsteps and walk down the road throwing them high in the air to each other. The transparency of the bottle merging with the colourless sky before reappearing and falling back into our hands. When I fumbled I would start running before it even hit the floor. I'd feel the glass fragments tapping on the back of my polyester trousers and look back to see him walking. Hands in his pockets and his tie tucked in. He was the patient one. He looks after the herd, checks the soil chemistry and the calves, tweaks the humidity and temperature with a thermoregulator so sluggish it takes days to move the dew point by a degree. I don't have the patience for it. I was always more comfortable running away from the smashed bottle than waiting for it to land. That's why I prefer to be out here at the sharp point of distribution. Dealing with you, the happy customer.

Do we deliver? Well of course, we can deliver to every sub level of this city. That's never been the question, forgive me; The question is whether we will deliver to you.

Brother 1 wearing Swedish Workwear suit, 6876 shirt
Brother 2 wearing Puma jacket, Maharishi snopants, Bagjack NXL and Adidas Climachill Sonic Boost AL

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

Bejaysus you guys I've been so sick and didn't check back until just now, while currently waiting for a delayed flight at Shanghai at 1 AM. Coughing so badly I fear I may be banned from boarding the plane. Thank you for all the participation so far. 

Now let me look through thy most valuable contributions. 

Oh man, hope you're feeling better and that everything worked out for you with your trip back. Get well soon!

Rosenrot

Reaction score
Oh man, hope you're feeling better and that everything worked out for you with your trip back. Get well soon!

Actually it took a turn for the worse. My 1 AM flight got delayed to 3 AM, which meant that I had to miss my connecting flight, adding another 4 hours of waiting time at the next airport. On top of that, they misplaced my luggage and it's now in limbo. There was a precious Junya Watanabe piece in it too which I have yet to wear.

BUT!! Thank you for the well wishes. At least I've arrived safe and sound, though well-defeated. Maybe the next challenge should be: WAYWT When Losing Your Luggage On A Trip

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, been down with the flu since last Friday... about 90% now but first time in 10+ years that I've taken more than 3 days to beat any kind of illness -- which I think means my unhealthy lifestyle is finally doing what it's supposed to be!

But an excuse to cosplay harnden cannot be missed....

"Hello stranger, you must be new to these parts... I am this town's osteopath, the bones of this town's young and old are my domain....mending, breaking.... one hand gives, the other takes.... as dictated by the vagaries of these troubled times..."

"If there lies evil in your heart then there will be no hesitation in me busting some calcium up in yo ass..."

myshoeiswet

Reaction score
Super late entry, hope it's okay I piggybacked off @Rais 's story.

Warm milk from the bottle while I lay cradled in her lap. That was the last happy memory I have of my mother before being ripped from her arms and tossed into the street like a discarded cigarette butt. Before a life of filth, of desolation, of desperation. I did what I had to do to survive. Stole. Hid. Killed. Lied my way into this job delivering milk.

Why milk? It's pure. Clean. Unadulterated. Innocent. Not unlike these children.
Don't you see? I'm not hurting them. I'm saving them.

Childhood is so fleeting, so brief. One second they're loving and sweet as angels, and in the blink of an eye, they've...curdled...into ugly selfish lumps. I save them from that nightmare. They'll live on forever as children.

I hear you've been looking for me, Detective Rais...Pray I don't find your children first.

KKA/Acne/YYPH/Acne

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really anything special as far as tv-series go, but they did have a recent episode I saw just some day ago with a story very similar to the one you wrote (which is why I asked)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads