• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SW&D CHALLENGE – Bomber Jackets: 22 March to 15 April, 2018

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am told that MA-1s are quite popular with the Mods and Suedeheads crowd and because they participated so well in the last challenge I wanted something that would be accessible for their style. I think that bomber jackets in general, not just MA-1s, are an outer type that most of the SW&D guys have in their closet. It is hopefully still cool enough in the Northern hemisphere to break these out.

Every submission must have one photo taken between now and the end of the challenge on the 15th of April that features you in an outfit wearing a bomber jacket. For me that includes a pretty wide variety of cropped flight jackets but I will leave the interpretation up to those who submit. Feel free to argue semantics, might be fun. So don’t feel obligated to only post nylon MA-1s. If you’d like, a nice photo of the bomber jacket itself on a hanger or similar could be interesting for people to have a look at the piece.

I included a few photos of various styles to get you guys started. I will throw up a voting poll at the end of the challenge and the person with the most votes gets to decide on and run the next contest.

Cinema-Style-History-Bomber-Jacket-05.jpg tumblr_mxjhianb3h1qkfuljo1_500.jpg _ARC0885.jpg PulpFiction_170Pyxurz.jpg hunter80-main.jpg

user12345

Reaction score
i don't have an ma-1, maybe borrow me dads cheap monkey jacket, close enough lol.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
in.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like the submissions to be taken during the challenge period. Give you the opportunity to push yourself a bit. Feel free to post inspo of your own fits though if you like. Let me know if any are entries.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.