• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sutor Boots - Q's re fit and what to wear

deaddog

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the fit on these Sutor Mantellassi boots. I generally wear a 9.5D (US) but my Zegna Couture (kinda like Tramezza) boots fit great in a 9.
Also, any opinion on what I can wear these with? Too casual for a suit? what color slacks might look good?

Thanks

Attachment 773

Attachment 774

CoryB

Reaction score
I was just debating whether to buy those boots. Great minds (and good eyes) think alike. I was thinking they would look great with jeans and slacks.

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks Cory - any idea on the sizing issue?

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
Thanks Cory - any idea on the sizing issue?
I'm not sure. I usually wear 8-8.5 so advice of whether it runs small or large would be great. At least we needn't worry about stealing them from each other; our feet are different enough
smile.gif

nomovement

Reaction score
velvet or moleskine flat front trousers and a matching ( same color range) sweater-or a thinner weigh nice tee or vee for a more casual look.
black with a cool looking turtleneck could look really good-or you could look like a 70's pimp-depends on the fit
maybe dark dark green or brown pants would be safer

deaddog

Reaction score
You got something against the '70's pimp look?

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
my experience is they run true to other size 12's i own. I probably own 40 pair of shoes, every one is a 12, including the 15 or so Mantellassi shoes. Others have had slight variations comparing to other shoes they own, but in my closet i have:
mantellassi
lattanzi
ferragamo
cole haan
certo
and all are 12

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
I'm trying to figure out the fit on these Sutor Mantellassi boots. I generally wear a 9.5D (US) but my Zegna Couture (kinda like Tramezza) boots fit great in a 9.
Also, any opinion on what I can wear these with? Too casual for a suit? what color slacks might look good?

Thanks

I was looking at those too. I don't think they would be great with a suit unless it was in a lighter color. I could see it being pretty cool with a khaki or ivory suit, especially in cotton or linen though, but they would look awesome with jeans though, especially dark ones.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by discostu004
my experience is they run true to other size 12's i own. I probably own 40 pair of shoes, every one is a 12, including the 15 or so Mantellassi shoes. Others have had slight variations comparing to other shoes they own, but in my closet i have:
mantellassi
lattanzi
ferragamo
cole haan
certo
and all are 12

Well now I know why you never seem to have any size 12s to sell!! You keep all the cool size 12s!!!

I also like those boots for wear with blue jeans and odd trousers in almost any color except black or tan. I wouldn't wear them with a suit though.

I have a pair of bluchers in almost the same color that I haven't worn yet because I don't have a belt in the right shade. Does anyone know where we might find a belt to coordinate with those boots?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 9.5 also and have a pair of SM chukka boots. They are just a touch tighter than my other 9.5s, but by no means too tight. If you're a "true" 9.5, though, you probably wouldn't want to get a 9.

watchingdetails2002

Reaction score
I have similar boot except mine have a strape around the top. The color is the same. I wear them with Jeans, Khaki pants and an oliver trouser. Mine felt tight at first but with use they will loosen up. Enjoy them. Bob in Guam

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
My 10.5 Mantllassi loafers are tight relative to other 10.5 shoes. They are about 1/4-1/2 inch shorter in length and width. I will be going up to an 11 on my next sutor purchase, most likely.
This comports with my experience. I'm an 11.5 in most shoes, but a 12 in SM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads