• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suspicious Dior Homme Ebay Item

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking through Ebay for an affordable peacoat to buy and I stumbled across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dior-Homme-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Looking through the guy's information I noticed he was from the state's and that he didn't really seem like a career ebayer, so for a moment I assumed that everything was legit. Then I noticed that he had bought the very peacoat he was selling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200073667909

Am I being paranoid in thinking that his guy got fucked in his ebay transaction of an "authentic" Dior good and now is trying to recoup his costs by defrauding other people, or is this an actual Dior item? I've never seen a Dior item with a chain on it, but then again I only have very limited exposure to them, anyone with knowledge care to share their thoughts?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
I was looking through Ebay for an affordable peacoat to buy and I stumbled across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dior-Homme-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Looking through the guy's information I noticed he was from the state's and that he didn't really seem like a career ebayer, so for a moment I assumed that everything was legit. Then I noticed that he had bought the very peacoat he was selling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200073667909

Am I being paranoid in thinking that his guy got fucked in his ebay transaction of an "authentic" Dior good and now is trying to recoup his costs by defrauding other people, or is this an actual Dior item? I've never seen a Dior item with a chain on it, but then again I only have very limited exposure to them, anyone with knowledge care to share their thoughts?

Definitely fake.

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
He bought the coat off a seller in Hong Kong, so make of that what you will.

Either he got burned, or he's just looking to make a serious profit off the coat. The bidding is already at $115 with three days to go for him to break even on the $140 he probably paid.

vanity

Reaction score
My initial thoughts were he bought it and didn't realize it was fake, after he saw it he realized this he's trying to off-load it.

Someone posted some links for female message boards and clothes a while back...so I joined one and was on there just under a week before they banned me. These clowns would debate ebay items over and over, all cheap ***** looking to get their 20th pair of R&R for $100. Almost every item brougth up in the auction threads was deemed a fake.

And occassionally some asshat would show up like "Hey, (forum member), I just looked at your auctions and you're jeans aren't real. You need to pull those." And the response would be; "Really? These True Religions are fake? I bought $3500 worth of inventory of them from a seller, what am I supposed to do now?"

How about you kill yourself you ignorant shitback loser. You obviously don't have a ******* clue what you're doing in this profession. Lets find something else we don't know about to make a quick buck...like flipping houses. That's another "guarantee", right?

I can't stand ebay. It's not just the people who knowingly sell fakes, it's the people who buy bulk fakes and don't even realize it as they offload it, ripping people off all along the way.

mattjames

Reaction score
I would never risk buying anything from China unless I had independent confirmation that they were legit. The biggest indication that the coat is fake is the price. A real DH coat like that would be worth more than $100. Distributors of fake goods like this tend to not be too greedy with their prices, and this gives them away.

mattjames

Reaction score

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
I've noticed these fake DH coats on ebay lately.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Homme-12-button-W...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Homme-WOOL-HERRIN...QQcmdZViewItem

Although I generally turn my nose up at fakes, these actually look like they're well made, and are surely no worse than 'genuine' lower price outwear in the $90 - $100 range. That's if the photographed item is what you get, and the seller assures me it is (and cites his positive feedback).

...and this dude has 100% positive feedback. Go figure.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidvar
Can people in this (and other) thread/s mind their language? No need to go heavy on the 'F' word surely. Manners!

Don't worry, I'm sure you won't hear any more profanity from vanity.
smile.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
I've noticed these fake DH coats on ebay lately.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Homme-12-button-W...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Homme-WOOL-HERRIN...QQcmdZViewItem

Although I generally turn my nose up at fakes, these actually look like they're well made, and are surely no worse than 'genuine' lower price outwear in the $90 - $100 range. That's if the photographed item is what you get, and the seller assures me it is (and cites his positive feedback).

This merchant sells decently made dior-repros/dior-inspired clothing. If he is whom I think he is, he's been around for a few years using different names and has been known not to give news for a while or to simply never send the item. Those that received them were usually quite satisfied though. Use at your own risks.

mattjames

Reaction score
I found myself agreeing with a post above and just noticed it was myself back in Februrary.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Fuuma
This merchant sells decently made dior-repros/dior-inspired clothing. If he is whom I think he is, he's been around for a few years using different names and has been known not to give news for a while or to simply never send the item. Those that received them were usually quite satisfied though. Use at your own risks.

This seller has feedback going back over a year and even his star ratings are excellent. If he had poor habits he would have at least one negative feedback point.
confused.gif
There are one or two others selling similar items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads