1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suspenders Thick or Thin?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chdblanton, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

I definitely prefer a 4-cm width.

2. chdblanton

chdblanton Member

Wow, that's a little wider than I pictured, most the ones I was looking at were between 1.5 and 3cm, don't even remember seeing too many options at the 4cm mark. Hence, the inquires, this is a completely new, experimental market for me.

3. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

I just measured mine and they are actually 3.5 cm wide. I'd say it depends on how tall you are etc. I don't wear them often as I hardly ever wear suits (I'm a student), but I dislike the skinny look so I'd say 3 cm are an absolute minimum. Mine are from SuitSupply and might be an option if you want something between 3 and 4 cm.

4. chdblanton

chdblanton Member

That is interesting, nobody has brought up the individual's height in the discussion. I am 5'9" so I don't know how that compares to you. I'm like you I don't plan on these being an everyday accessory, however, it's always nice to have something to stand out. Hence, my immaculate collection of cowboy boots. I figure an attorney with Cowboy boots and suspenders has to grab someones attention.

5. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

Otherwise I completely agree about height. Not sure where I stand on the Cowboy boots though. [​IMG]

6. romafan

romafan Senior member

Oi!