1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suspenders question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Glen Carter, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Glen Carter

Glen Carter New Member

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum.

I need help matching a purple tie (pictured below) with suspenders for my brother's wedding. Any suggestion on colours? Patterns? I only want suspenders with leather loops, and I will be wearing a very dark charcoal suit (almost black).

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

G

2. evanmachan

evanmachan Member

What color shirt will you be wearing? I shy away from any patterned braces for this.

3. Glen Carter

Glen Carter New Member

I was originally planning on a white shirt with a cutaway collar. I'm open to other colour options, as long as it's solid.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

I doubt anyone will even notice so don't worry: You should not be showing them anyway.

5. 3piecesuitguy

3piecesuitguy Active Member

You should either pick up the colour of the suit or the tie in the suspenders. The leather ends should match the colour of your shoes too.

So either some with purple in them or charcoal/black.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  6. Glen Carter

Glen Carter New Member

Yes, although I might taking my jacket off later in the night (after a couple of drinks). Let me know what y'all think of these! I'm a big fan of paisley print, so I naturally veer towards that, but most importantly let me know you think of the colours. I will probably be wear black double monkstrap shoes, with silver buckles. If I can't decide, my last resort will be a solid black/charcoal. Thanks again in advance, gentlemen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FYI these bottoms ones are a dark brown.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  7. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Don't pick any of those - pick something you can wear in the future with anything - dark navy or black.

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The purple tie with a white shirt will look good with a charcoal suit. Good choice. For suspenders, don't match the tie. It will look like you are going to a prom. You want something that compliments the purple.

I have some suspenders in a soft grey that are neutral with almost any colorful tie, such as yours. That is what I would recommend.

These are by Trafalgar

[​IMG]