1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise Find @ Target- Fun, comfy, mid-calf socks (almost OTC). Crazy Cheap!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Osprey Guy, Mar 1, 2010.

1. btinl

btinl Senior member

The socks are pretty thin. I don't like that I can see my toes through some of them. $2.50 is about all they are worth.

2. identity-x

identity-x Senior member

the black skull ones I got were thin at the toe, but stayed over my (extra large) calves no problem. the purple argyle seemed thicker, but slipped quite a bit. a dice roll, I guess, but one i'll pay $2.50 to play

3. Daseinflaw

Daseinflaw Senior member

I was at Target today and I remembered this thread, so I bought a few pairs of argyle socks (in purple, teal, and burgundy). Awesome purchase.

4. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

My local target has a bunch of these socks on deep sale. I am talking $2 for a 2 pack.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I checked out the sock selection at the Target in Emeryville this week. They had the same patterns but now they were labeled as "Sorbtek Fiber" and are made of 97% polyester. Has anyone else checked a target recently?

6. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

To provide a late answer to your question, I have been to a target lately and they're still awesome. I'm hardly a conservative dresser. My first suit, which I will be receiving this Christmas (to my utter shame, as I am aware that a gentleman shops for and by himself, but I'm 17, and needs must when the devil drives) is a gray one-button peak lapel affair, a la H Huntsman, though it is more conservatively styled. However, I am a strong believer that as long as one gets almost everything right, one can take exactly one small liberty somewhere in the outfit. Whether that would be fun socks, or perhaps one of those "double blade" ties that I find actually can aid one in achieving a feeling of sprezzatura, one may do exactly one thing "wrong."

Socks are my one thing. I went to three different targets and cleaned them out. I wore semi-formal apparel for Halloween as the Phantom of the Opera (I don't really count my tuxedo as a suit), and wore these nice black socks that have a white skull and crossbones at the very top. It's gives one a daring feeling to take such liberties with semi-formal wear. Alas, with the prevalence of creative black tie nowadays, I could probably have worn a gingham bow-tie and gotten compliments. [​IMG]

7. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Boy do I have a thread to show you...

Anyway, thanks for the report. I've switched to Marcoliani since I last posted here.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  8. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

A few from target.
    [​IMG]

9. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

What is this thread?

Also, I wasn't trying to imply that I get almost everything right. I like to think that I do, but everyone flubs on occasion.
    YES. I have a pair of each of those!

10. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

There was a thread written (now deleted) by a prominent poster that argued the exact opposite of your "one thing wrong" idea:

11. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

I recall that thread. I lurked for a while and saw it and liked it. I just don't agree with it.

Why was it deleted?