• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

surcingles?

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Is it possible to have the ribbon part of a surcingle shortened? Maybe somehow move the leather portion back a substantial segment?

On a related note, is there a source of dirt cheap d ring ribbon belts? I know someone who said he got them online for like 10 dollars each. Anyone have any ideas? I know the usual leatherman and VV are fine, but 10 bucks seems just unbelievable.

FashionFadz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
Is it possible to have the ribbon part of a surcingle shortened? Maybe somehow move the leather portion back a substantial segment?

On a related note, is there a source of dirt cheap d ring ribbon belts? I know someone who said he got them online for like 10 dollars each. Anyone have any ideas? I know the usual leatherman and VV are fine, but 10 bucks seems just unbelievable.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who just googled surcingle to find out what it was??? LOL

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FashionFadz
Please tell me that I'm not the only one who just googled surcingle to find out what it was??? LOL

I think you're probably the only one, but then again surcingles aren't a fadz.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still not sure what it is... This?

dunga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
I think you're probably the only one, but then again surcingles aren't a fadz.

surcingles are a hot lewk right now

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. I'm also very interested. I don't feel like paying $80 for a ribbon belt at a store. I feel like it should be cheaper than leather, which I can get for $10-15 per belt at Nordstrom Rack.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I picked one up from STP during the summer for less than $15. I want to say ~$12, but I can't for sure. I do know for certain I didn't pay more than $15, though.

It was some brand I'd never heard of, but it's not exactly an item that demands top quality.

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
http://www.jpressonline.com/accessor..._surcingle.php Only a fadz so long as the neo-preppy thing is still happenin'. I think Urban Outfitters and maybe even Am. Apparel has them.
I was just hoping for something cheaper than vineyard vines or Polo. And speaking as someone who was preppy before it was a fad and goes to a fratty school, I am just grateful for the increased numbers of purveyors though most of them aren't much better than Abercrombie or American Eagle. And urban outfitters seems to only sell leatherman belts.

BBC

Reaction score
I aim to transplant the Trad forum to teh Styleforvm under the pretense that Cruiser may not follow.

When does the moving van show up? I'll help.

My only hesitation in moving over is that SF guys will start buying the NOS stuff from O'Connells. I'll get the "trads" to migrate, but SFers have to agree to leave O'Connells to us (PSA: O'Connells just annouced their NOS stock of old school Viyella shirts and NOS McGeorge cashmere sweaters)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is right. could an alterations expert do this?

Anyone could do it... But a shoe repairman is probably your best choice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.