• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Support My Film About Italian Master Tailors (Officially Endorsed by Styleforum)

stylegal48

Reaction score
After 10 years in the making, MEN OF THE CLOTH, my independently produced documentary film about Italian master tailors, is finally at the rough cut stage. I have a donor who has pledged completion funds, but in order to access those funds, I have to raise $20,000 to finish editing in time to submit to some important film festivals this fall. To that end, I recently launched a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo and I'm partnering with some high-end men’s wear brands, custom tailors and fabric merchants. They’re sponsoring my campaign by donating goods and services as “perks” to those individuals who make a secure tax-deductible donation by credit card. There are silk ties from Carrot & Gibbs; shirts from Ike Behar and Gambert Shirts; custom-made clothing from master tailor Nino Corvato and the firm Adrian Jules; and fine English suiting fabric from Holland & Sherry, H. Lesser and J & J Minnis -- not to mention, MEN OF THE CLOTH DVD’s and posters. I have 39 days to meet my crowdfunding goal. This is a great opportunity for individuals to get some beautiful merchandise directly from the makers while supporting a film that exalts Old World craftsmen. Thanks very much! I look forward to your feedback. Here's the Trailer for my film:
MEN OF THE CLOTH TRAILER from Vicki Vasilopoulos on Vimeo.
And here's my IndieGoGo video (the IndieGoGo campaign page has more details about the perks):
MEN OF THE CLOTH IndieGoGo Video from Vicki Vasilopoulos on Vimeo.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this up. You guys are always complaining that there are no really in delpt documentaries about master tailors, and here is one that features, among other people, Corvato, that you can actually contribute to. Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the video, :slayer:

I liked the silhouette/shape of the suit the guy was trying on at 7:10.

Last edited:

stylegal48

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the offer! Unfortunately IndieGoGo places a limit of 12 perks, so I'll have to wait till one of them sells out before I can list a new one.

stylegal48

Reaction score

Awesome preview video. Nice to see Centofanti also!

Mr. Centofanti is an incredible individual. I've been very privileged to spend time with him. Did you know that he just turned 93? I'd really love to finish my film while he's still alive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads