• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Support My Film About Italian Master Tailors (Officially Endorsed by Styleforum)

stylegal48

Reaction score

I have just donated a sum and will be presenting your wondrous project on my site. Much appreciated!

Thanks so much for your support! Please send me a link to your post when it's up.... I actually spoke to a commissioning editor from Finnish TV a while back, and would love to broadcast my film there when it's completed.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vicki, you're most welcome.

Here is the uncomprehensible Finnish link:
http://www.keikari.com/blogi/men-of-the-cloth/

If you ever happen to land up here North, I will treat you to a fine glass of claret. This documentary is sure to find a welcome audience among all arbiter elegantiarums.

stylegal48

Reaction score

Vicki, you're most welcome.

Here is the uncomprehensible Finnish link:
http://www.keikari.com/blogi/men-of-the-cloth/

If you ever happen to land up here North, I will treat you to a fine glass of claret. This documentary is sure to find a welcome audience among all arbiter elegantiarums.

Awesome -- thank you so much! I'm going to use my trusty Google translator right now (or I'll ask a family friend who speaks Finnish to do the honors). I'd appreciate that glass of claret, for sure. And as for the "arbiter elegantiarums," I expect nothing less from this group. It's nice to be around some kindred spirits.

stylegal48

Reaction score

I just cross posted the information in this thread on my forum as well.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for helping to spread the word! That's what crowdfunding all about -- harnessing grassroots support across a wide swath.

I know you were an early supporter of my film and that means a lot to me.

Rick's Tailoring

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I donated and posted to my facebook. Stylegal- the tailer looks great, almost a mini film in itself. As a third generation tailor (although i use the term loosely, as I am not in the same league as the men you mention in your film, or even some of the posters in this thread), I know of no one my age (31) who understands the art of tailoring, and I think you did a fantastic job expressing that it is an art, not just something most Americans assume a foreigner should do. I wish you success in getting this made.

Last edited:

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know of no one my age (31) who understands the art of tailoring.

I'm still in my thirties. David Reeves and his coatmaker aren't ancient either.

(Just looking for an excuse to bump this thread)

stylegal48

Reaction score

I donated and posted to my facebook. Stylegal- the tailer looks great, almost a mini film in itself. As a third generation tailor (although i use the term loosely, as I am not in the same league as the men you mention in your film, or even some of the posters in this thread), I know of no one my age (31) who understands the art of tailoring, and I think you did a fantastic job expressing that it is an art, not just something most Americans assume a foreigner should do. I wish you success in getting this made.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement -- and for the contribution to my film. Every time I get a contribution from a tailor, it has an extra-special significance for me.

Honestly, if I'd known you guys were going to be so nice, I would've made my way to this forum a long time ago!

Rick's Tailoring

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'll take any good excuse I can get!

Cheers!

So there's 3 of us...at least business should be good in a few years....
(another excuse)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads