• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supplements

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
May be slightly OT, but is anyone else pissed at the FDA for banning piracetam? I was just getting into the groove w/ it and they pulled it, no doubt realizing its potential marketability. Kunts.

Got deets on piracetam?

speedy4500

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
A proper diet should be it and most rec a multivitamin.

+1

I was once told by a very wise and experienced man, "If you have to take supplements, your diet sucks. You should be getting everything you need from real food." For the 99.99999% of us that aren't elite athletes, supplements really are unnecessary. Unless your training and nutrition are already as good as possible, spending hundreds of dollars to get minuscule benefits from supplements is silly.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

caxt

Reaction score
PreWO: Scoop of ON Whey Gold and Animal Pak Multi

Need to get some fish oil, waxy maize, and creatine.

matt22616

Reaction score

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
The posts seem to be oriented to general health which is fine, but I am assuming you are interested in supplements that will enhance muscle growth. The only one that has been shown to be worthwhile is creatine. Other pre-workout products provide energy but you can get that from coffee or a Red Bull. Look into products by BSN, the #1 supplement maker on bodybuilding sites. Specifically NO Explode (pre) and Cell Mass (post). You can add a good whey protein, but, honestly, most people who eat a balanced diet get enough protein from their normal diet. Also, if you are looking to put on muscle you must work out hard, eat a lot (in small, frequent meals) and get plenty of rest, because the rest period is where the growth takes place. Finally, if you are skinny, you really need to eat more; if you are overweight, do some cardio. If you can put on a solid 5-10 pounds of muscle in a year, you're doing well.

Originally Posted by Willie5566
Tis the season I suppose. Seeing a lot of posts on workout info. I am interested in finding out what supplements people are using and more importantly which ones you are experiencing good results with.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I am still pissed that they banned ephedra.

You can still readily buy ephedrine (not ephedra) quite easily, it just can't be marketed as a weight loss supp.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've tinkered with quite a bit.

Right now, it's pared down to:

- Fish Oil
- BCAA
- Creatine
- Digestive Enzyme

The fish oil gets me a lot of the good fats I miss out on since most fish is too pricey for me to regularly eat. The BCAA powder cuts down on the amount of protein I need to consume, which makes 200+ g/day of protein doable. Creatine is inexpensive and effective enough to keep around.

The digestive enzymes are probably the top supplement for me on a personal level. I've always been prone to bloating and these things work wonders, especially on the WD.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a noob-ish question, but is it a 1-1 exchange between Protein and BCAA's? Do 30g of BCAA's = 30g protein?

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Yup. Works. I'll try to get a link to a few studies. My friend (mentioned above) has actually tested it in his lab.

I take/took it in conjunction with Lechitin and Tyrosine.

Where to KOP?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads