1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Supermodels -- Who's the hottest?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by funk_soul_brother, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Leticia Casta's boobs are retarded.

2. lee lin

lee lin Senior member

eurasian model jessica michibata

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

j lo, for example, has curvy hips. curvy hips, as i've already explained, are nature's signal to men of a woman's sexual maturity, her ability to concieve, carry and give birth. it is THIS aspect of j lo that interests me, because it is precisely this aspect of j lo that has universal appeal to men, and NOT j lo herself or her "body type". in other words, virtually all men will agree that hips that stand out from the waist is an attractive feature in women, even if they don't like j lo's body type or how far her hips stick out. it's the underlying principle of "shapely hips" that is germane, not the individual women, type, or hips.
    So what you are saying that "hips that stick out" is a completely subjective measurement. There are lots of guys who think Adrianna Lima's hips stick out enough to be attractive ( I don't think I've ever seen a non plus-size model who's waist and hips were the same dimension). Maybe you should just come right out and tell me what the whole point of putting down supermodels is, because its obvious that the above post has nothing to do with it. You just it yourself.
    I wish you'd stop beating around the bush and give us what your HARD definition of excessively skinny is. In my, and many, many other people's minds, supermodels are not excessively skinny. In my opinion, Nicole Ritchie at one point was excessively skinny. And yet, someone still managed to impregnate her, leading one to believe that my version of excessively skinny isn't shared by at some people, and its not stopping her from bearing children. I have never seen an excessively skinny supermodel. You can say, "the vast majority of men" find excessively skinny women repugnant, but I am telling you that the vast majority of men have extremely divergent opinions on what excessively skinny looks like, and I'm willing to bet that at least half of them don't consider Supermodels to be excessively skinny. I don't find excessively skinny women attractive either, for the record.
    Thats the problem, your ideas regarding "underlying principals" are flawed by your assumption that everyone shares your values. They don't.
    now, to answer your points in detail. but you said i claimed there was "one universally attractive body type". so now you admit you were wrong, and you're backtracking to cover up your mistake. shame on you, slim!
    You said that women built more like J-lo were considered more attractive than women built like Adrianna Lima everywhere except the US and Europe. That is what you said. If you weren't referring to her body type, your choice of the words "built like" were VERY POOR. If I were to say that a woman was built more like like Oprah Winfrey, what would you think that I meant? The "underlying principals" of physical beauty (at least the ones you've mentioned which all happen to be below the neck) and her "body type" in regards to any woman, are the SAME DAMN THING.
    Oh, so now we are down to "many", not "normal", "regular", "all latin, black, and arab guys", "most" or "a vast majority" as before. [​IMG] I must be getting to you. You are becoming more realistic with every change in your position.
    Its pretty clear what you said from the quote I posted. Everyone got it but you.
    Actually, using your analogy the way you are using it, it doesn't mean "many" or even "most". It just means that over the RANGE OF HEIGHTS RECORDED, you can add up the sum and divide by the total amount of numbers and get the height of 5'5". It is the rough median of a widely divergent group of numbers, hardly representative of any actual physical data more specific than that. I'm sure that many Japanese men are 5'5" - but due to the effect of standard deviation from the mean, there are going to be at least as many, if not more people that are over and under 5'5" than are exactly that height. It's a little different when you aren't measuring quantitative numbers. Which is why your opinion that "average" people like anything cannot possibly be true, considering that nobody has ever bothered to analyze or define what is considered "attractive" in that area on more than the most basic level. Yes, women with hips larger than their waists are considered attractive. BUT HOW MUCH LARGER is purely subjective, and to the best of my knowledge has never been measured on a person by person basis of any large and diverse control group by a credible source besides the extremely limited studies on the "golden ratio" of waist to hip proportion. Which most supermodels fall squarely into, (including Kate Moss and Adriana Lima), Marylin Monroe, Twiggy, Sophia Loren, Jennifer Lopez, and most other attractive women. The other study that you might want to look at is the various BMI attractiveness studies. From the preliminary indications, BMI has more precise bearing on attractiveness than the waist to hip ratio. The women found most attractive have a BMI index of 17 to 20. The average BMI of a Western supermodel is 18 which means that most people studied found them attractive, thus again disproving your argument that most people don't find them appealing.
    That is what you seem to be implying. What you implied was that people who didn't find large hips and asses attractive were not "average". (which we must assume that you just "made up" since to the best of my knowledge no such study exists)
    I'm as Irish as I am Japanese. And in reality I'm neither, I'm an American.
    Do you?
    Yes, your list is quite convincing. I don't doubt that many men find J-Lo and Kim Kardashian attractive. That is not what we have been arguing. I personally think J-Lo is pretty hot, and Kim K horrible. But the fact remains that your list of women with widespread appeal is not complete. You are only listing the women with "widespread appeal" that YOU happen to agree with, and not the ones that actually happen to have widespread appeal. So your list is wrong. Every scientific study available proves my point (supermodels are indeed attractive) and disproves yours (that most people find supermodels unattractive) I could give a rats ass about your personal preferences. You are wrong about "most people".
    I have gotten it much better than you, apparently.
    No, YOU see above.
    Again, your point is moot. They are Supermodels, not average women. They are also not "alarmingly slight" they have BMI's below the mean average, but within the category found "most attractive" by the most males studied.
    I'd like to see you come up with any REAL evidence to prove that this means anything or that it is anything other than made up nonsense. Women's clothes manufacturers do not have a standardized "0" size, and they lie like dogs in order to flatter their clients, so I have no idea how you can with a straight face, say "typically", an assertion which can not be accurately proven on a scale outside a particular store and may have nothing at all to do with what a supermodel wears. A person who wears a size 0 at Banana Republic or Old Navy is wearing what is probably a size 2, 4 or even 8 at another store.
    You are freakishly obsessed with "average" which still actually means nothing in the context you are using it in. The "average" AMERICAN woman between the ages of 17 and 30 in various studies done in the past few years is static right around 23 on the BMI chart. (BMI is generally lower for tall people, higher for short) Which is within 2-3 point of the supermodel's average BMI of 18 considering that the average modern supermodel's height puts her amongst the top 5% of measured women. a 5'10" 125lb under 35 year old woman is quoted as "desirable" and "healthy" with a BMI of 18 on the US index chart.
    so you're saying there are no differences at all between cultures? that, for example, japanese men prefer the same things as black men in america? everyone knows this is nonsense.
    Oh really? I'd like to see you prove that. Otherwise, I'll stick with this:
    Participants were 801 women and 428 men: 23% Asian, 45% Hispanic, 17% black, and 15% white. The figure rating scale was used to rate: body dissatisfaction, attractive male and female shapes, acceptable female size, and perceptions of underweight to obese female figures. In summary, when controlling for age, BMI, and educational level, for men there were no ethnic differences in perceptions of attractive and acceptable figures, and for women there were very few ethnic differences. White women did think that men preferred a thinner figure, but this difference was small.
    Find it. We'll see who's study is more credible.
    Yes, very predictable, just not necessarily in the way you mean.
    Yep. As shown in the aforementioned study.
    Maybe, but since I have come up with proof, and you have come up with nothing but stereotype, supposition, bias, bullshit, and static for dozens of pages now, maybe YOU are the one who's insane.
    I think you misunderstand the point of my post. I didn't steal on principal, I steal because I have contempt for the principals.
    How do you know they are scum? I implied no such thing. I said that Kim Kardashian was a spoiled debutante who got paid 2 million dollars to sell her sex tape to people who would exploit her level of minor celebrity to try and get even richer than they already are. All of which is true.
    Really? I'm a hypocrite? Fascinating. You are an idiot. Have you ever eaten food that tasted so bad that you spit out? Why did you put it in your mouth if you didn't like the taste of it? Hypocrite!!! God, you are so dumb. How was I supposed to know her ass was faker than a 3 dollar bill before I watched the video? Its not like she was famous BEFORE that.. And if you are going to swear when you call me names, don't be such a pussy about it. [​IMG]
    Funny, you seem to be plenty famiiar with them. You mentioned Cindy Crawford, Kate Moss, and etc. by name and generally know what they look like. Are you just guessing about all this stuff or just making it up? That may explain why you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    You seem to misunderstand the concept of evolution, genetics, and pretty much everything. I'm getting tired of explaining things to you which you ignore and move on to your next inane point (or repeat the same one several times, and then change it so that you don't look like an idiot when I get around to properly addressing it) If it makes you feel any better, humans HAVE been evolving to be taller over the course of history (which also means proportionately thinner and with longer extremities than, for example, our olde medieval ancestors.) Give it time, man, time. If things keep progressing along the same scale as they have in the past, a few hundred years or so, we will all be seven plus feet tall and some idiot will be bitching about how the 250lb models are way underweight and look like little boys. And you and I will likely still be having this argument.
    You are so lazy you are going to make me do this myself aren't you. Well, not tonight pal. Look it up your damn self. Take the time periods I mentioned and examine the body shapes prevalent in the artwork of the period. You will see the ideal body shape portrayed in media go from fat to thin to fat to thin to fat to thin about a half dozen times, with stops on the way for curvaceous, and the strange "emaciated pregnancy" period, where you weren't considered feminine unless you were gravid and malnourished.
    Not only did I start, I FINISHED ALREADY and am waiting for you to catch up. Obviously you are so convinced you are right, you refuse to acknowledge how overwhelmingly one sided my argument against you is. You have given me nothing to prove your points. I have given you at least half a dozen threads with at least a kernel of factual information in them to prove mine. When are you going to start backing up your position with more than bullshit and juvenile tactics?
    Again, you are an idiot. No. This is when people started creating and storing lasting art, sculpture, and etc. specifically of the female form for future generations to peruse, which is the best indication we have of the idealized female form of the day, which WAS THE ENTIRE POINT of the post you just ignored, and this very reason for this thread! [​IMG]
    Oh really? I hate to point out your further ignorance, but observe the following map: [​IMG] Look at Iraq. See Baghdad and Al Hillah. Ancient Sumeria was right near the present day Baghdad, Babylon was near present day Al Hillah. Most of the major seats of power of the Egyptian empire, which were only roughly 900 miles away on nearly the same latitude. There's a reason why all the cities in that area were built near rivers. THE WHOLE AREA IS A HOT ASS DESERT.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Leticia Casta's boobs are retarded.

How so?

[​IMG]

5. j

j Senior member Admin

Lightsky, I hadn't even looked in on this thread but I was hoping to find 23 pages of hot girl pictures, and you make me sad. Stop posting in this thread or you will be banned. Thanks.

Now, more Lima y/et Casta por favor/s'il vous plait!

6. DNW

DNW Senior member

How so?

[​IMG]

By retarded he probably meant perfect. Sort of like: that fucking Ferrari is retarded, dude.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm all for the evolutionary-challenged supermodels anyday!

8. j

j Senior member Admin

9. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

10. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

11. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

By retarded he probably meant perfect. Sort of like: that fucking Ferrari is retarded, dude.

Well then lets get retarded! Lets get retarded in here!

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I gotta say that people have got to stop arguing with words and argue with more pictures of hot girls, preferably Laetitia Casta. Seriously.

Oh, btw, Slim, climate has changed considerably since the time of Ancient Mesopotamia. Although most scholars now reject climatic determinism as too simplistic, it is likely that regional climatic shifts contributed to the center of western civilizations moving from its cradle to more northerm climes in the first millenium BC.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I gotta say that people have got to stop arguing with words and argue with more pictures of hot girls, preferably Laetitia Casta. Seriously.

Oh, btw, Slim, climate has changed considerably since the time of Ancient Mesopotamia. Although most scholars now reject climatic determinism as too simplistic, it is likely that regional climatic shifts contributed to the center of western civilizations moving from its cradle to more northerm climes in the first millenium BC.

[​IMG]

I read your post and wondered why the hell you were talking about Ancient Mesopotamia in a thread about supermodels. Then I scrolled up.

I don't know where slim finds the perseverance to repeatedly deal with people like lightsky in drawn-out threads like this one.

Now one of you guys with lots of time on your hands need to post more pics of Laetitia Casta & Adriana Lima [​IMG]

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah. Like that. Like they make me gape like a slackjawed moron while drool dribbles down my chin.

16. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

17. DNW

DNW Senior member

Now one of you guys with lots of time on your hands need to post more pics of Laetitia Casta & Adriana Lima [​IMG]

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Laetitia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adiana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Lima is the best - no contest. It's not simply her physical traits but her photogenic qualities and how she poses and comes across through the medium. [​IMG]

Now someone needs to start another thread and import all the pics from this one (or delete lightsky's posts here) in order to have a normal thread.

19. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Lima is the best - no contest. It's not simply her physical traits but her photogenic qualities and how she poses and comes across through the medium. [​IMG]

Now someone needs to start another thread and import all the pics from this one (or delete lightsky's posts here) in order to have a normal thread.

+1 [​IMG]

20. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

+ If somebody with a lot of time on their hands simply copy all the posts with pictures, put them in a new thread, and convince the mods to sticky it we would all be eternally grateful. I nominate my recent Lima collection to be the first post.