1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Supermodels -- Who's the hottest?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by funk_soul_brother, Jul 22, 2006.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

That was WAS for you... what, you don't like black supermodels?

well, he does have nice tits.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

well, he does have nice tits.

[​IMG]

3. lightsky

lightsky Senior member

As for all this "supermodels aren't curvy" nonsense... I want to take the scientific approach. These are the women you named that have measurements that you find so appealing "like real women"

Salma Hayek 36C-25-37
    Julia Roberts 34B-23-34
    Jennifer Lopez (in her Selena days) 34?-24-36
    Halle Berry 36C-22-37
    Scarlett Johansson 36C-23-35
    Raquel Welch 37C-22.5-35
    Sophia Loren (1955) 38C-24-38
    Jane Tierney 34B-24-35:
    Shania Twain 36-24-34
    Selena 34-24-36
    Diana Ross (after implants) 34C-25-35

With the exception of Salma, Halle Berry and Sophia Loren, none of these ladies are significantly "curvier" than Laetitia Casta according to their measurements, ESPECIALLY not Julia Roberts.

"scientific", huh? here's some "science" for you, slim: liars figure and figures lie. unless you've taken these measurements yourself, or know that they've been recorded by a reliable source, you can't accept them prima facie. publicists can and do "massage" these stats to enhance the image of their clients. if that means taking an inch or two off here or there, then so be it.

the best we can do is look at the pics. julia roberts, for example, looks a lot better than 34B-23-34. i tried to find a pic of her in that red dress she wore in ocean 11, or a pic from that woody allen flic she did, but couldn't. so this will have to do:

[​IMG]

now compare that to this

[​IMG]

see the difference? the gal in slim's pic has girl's hips. and thighs. there's barely enough meat there to qualify as a woman.

you're cherry picking here, a very unscientific thing to do. i already gave you cindy crawford as the exception, and conceded that latetia looks more like a little girl than a little boy. what about posting figures for kate moss and other supermodels?

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

you're cherry picking here, a very unscientific thing to do. i already gave you cindy crawford as the exception, and conceded that latetia looks more like a little girl than a little boy. what about posting figures for kate moss and other supermodels?
    Linda Evangelista 34B-24-35 Christy Turlington 34B-23-34 Claudia Schiffer 36C-24-36 Christie Brinkley 36C-23.5-35.5 Helena Christenses 36C-23-35.5 Elle Macpherson 36D-24-35.5 Kate Moss 33A-23-35 Naomi Campbell 34B-23-34 Eva Herzigova 35C-23-35 Molly Sims 34-24-35 Tyra Banks (while modeling) 36C-24-36 Nadja Auermann 36B-24.5-35.5 Niki Taylor 34C-24-34 Gisele Bunchen 36C-24-35 Heidi Klum 35-24-34 Paulina Porizkova 34B-23-36 Stephanie Seymour 34C-24-35 Adrianna Lima 33-23-33 Alessandra Ambrosio 34-23-34 Karolina Kurkova 33-23-34.5 So basically we are all over the map but one can safely assume that Kate Moss and Adrianna Lima are on the very smallest end of the spectrum, and not representative of the whole of supermodel body type as you've been suggesting. One thing to keep in mind is that YES, many of these are probably fudged a bit, and aren't quite accurate. BUT IF SO THEY ARE FUDGED SMALLER, NOT LARGER!!! Which only goes to disprove your point further.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

for me, not for you.

btw, i don't see what penis size has to do with kim's butt. i like big butts for the way they look and the way they feel in my hands. i've never cared for sodomy.

Didn't you say you were gay at some point? I could have sworn you did. (i'm being serious here)

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

So basically we are all over the map but one can safely assume that Kate Moss is on the very smallest end of the spectrum, and not representative of the whole of supermodel body type as you've been suggesting. One thing to keep in mind is that YES, many of these are probably fudged a bit, and aren't quite accurate. BUT IF SO THEY ARE FUDGED SMALLER, NOT LARGER!!! Which only goes to disprove your point further.

BECAUSE MOST MEN DON'T LIKE FAT CHICKS. [​IMG]

7. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

In some parts of Africa they liek them postively obese, with special fat farms to make sure the the bride weighs enough to be presentable. So lightsky are you from an african country?

8. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Didn't you say you were gay at some point? I could have sworn you did. (i'm being serious here)

no. you must have me mistaken with another matadorpoeta. i lived in west hollywood for several years and have gay friends, but no, i'm straight.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

"scientific", huh? here's some "science" for you, slim: liars figure and figures lie

Um... that may not be the dumbest thing you've said in this thread, but it has to be top 20 for sure.

10. lightsky

lightsky Senior member

Your question makes no sense.

you've already demonstrated your illiteracy in scientific matters, so this reply doesn't surpise me.

There are as many thin girls in the world as there are fat girls.

really? that would explain all the supermodels strutting on our streets.

"Evolution" in the scientific definition has very little if anything to do with it.

so cultural influences can explain why there are so few supermodels, right? it has nothing to do with evolution.

am i? i could swear i said something about black guys, and latin guys, and arab guys, and many white and asian guys who like curvy chicks? and i'm sure i made some pop culture references to bet, unavision, bollywood, belly-dancing, etc.?

genetics and age are individual biological phenomena. lifestyle, environment, and current popular body image are cultural influences, which i already acknowledged.

btw, i'm glad that you admit one reason you like bony chicks is because supermodels are hip. this is also known as seeking social approval and validation.

your "reasoning" is fatuous. there is wide variation among individuals within all races, but this doesn't mean distinct races don't exist.

hmm, sounds to me like you are asserting your own universal law, here, slim.

a few members here have already admitted that they prefer curvy chicks. or maybe you mean "everyone"?

wrong. every effect has a cause, and individual preferences exist for a reason, usually many reasons, including our common evolutionary heritage.

i don't have time right now, but i will enlarge on this later.

11. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

i was flipping through channels last night and came across katie price in her show katie and peter

shes pretty hot

12. lightsky

lightsky Senior member

Linda Evangelista 34B-24-35

Christy Turlington 34B-23-34

Claudia Schiffer 36C-24-36

Christie Brinkley 36C-23.5-35.5

Helena Christenses 36C-23-35.5

Elle Macpherson 36D-24-35.5

Kate Moss 33A-23-35

Naomi Campbell 34B-23-34

Eva Herzigova 35C-23-35

Molly Sims 34-24-35

Tyra Banks (while modeling) 36C-24-36

Nadja Auermann 36B-24.5-35.5

Niki Taylor 34C-24-34

Gisele Bunchen 36C-24-35

Heidi Klum 35-24-34

Paulina Porizkova 34B-23-36

Stephanie Seymour 34C-24-35

Adrianna Lima 33-23-33

Alessandra Ambrosio 34-23-34

Karolina Kurkova 33-23-34.5

So basically we are all over the map but one can safely assume that Kate Moss and Adrianna Lima are on the very smallest end of the spectrum, and not representative of the whole of supermodel body type as you've been suggesting. One thing to keep in mind is that YES, many of these are probably fudged a bit, and aren't quite accurate. BUT IF SO THEY ARE FUDGED SMALLER, NOT LARGER!!! Which only goes to disprove your point further.

WRONG! there is an ideal hip to waist ratio that has been confirmed in scientific studies. women, like supermodels, who don't have hips quite wide enough to get up to this ratio will FUDGE UP, NOT down.

just look at that pic i posted next to jr's. her hips are NOT as wide as her publicist wants you to believe.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

you've already demonstrated your illiteracy in scientific matters, so this reply doesn't surpise me...really? that would explain all the supermodels strutting on our streets...so cultural influences can explain why there are so few supermodels, right? it has nothing to do with evolution...am i? i could swear i said something about black guys, anblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

I hope you realize that nothing you said in this entire post made any sense at all.

For a guy who thinks he is really smart, you sure don't know much about what you are talking about.

And preferences varies drastically from individual to individual, it's not a culture-wide phenomena like you are implying.

your "reasoning" is fatuous. there is wide variation among individuals within all races, but this doesn't mean distinct races don't exist.

And you think MY reasoning is fatuous.

14. Chasey

Chasey Active Member

if I could just toss my 2 cents into the Kim argument, I personally think her ass is fake and when she got it initially done it probably looked spectacular, but then she gained a little weight and it all went there. so now it just looks unnatural and fat.

I still think she's sexy but... I don't know how to say this, but her ass is actually kind of a turn-off.

... am I a homosexual? [​IMG]

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

WRONG! there is an ideal hip to waist ratio that has been confirmed in scientific studies.
    There are certain physical properties that many people find more attractive, but they are proportion based, not body type based. And they are not by any means universal.
    hmm, sounds to me like you are asserting your own universal law, here, slim.
    How ULTIMATELY IRONIC is it that you blast me for talking about attractive proportion in my previous post, and yet here you are flip flopping and DEFENDING the idea of attractive proportion???? What a dunce. A super obese woman can have a perfect w/h ratio just as easily as a rail thin woman. Which is why the ratio isn't universal. The waist to hip ratio has to be in proportion to what you already personally find attractive.
    women, like supermodels, who don't have hips quite wide enough to get up to this ratio will FUDGE UP, NOT down.
    No woman in the modeling field would rather pretend to have larger hips than pretend to have a smaller waist.

16. lightsky

lightsky Senior member

I'm willing to take his word on how "big a man" he is.

If I'm 6'2" 230lbs and can't handle "da butt" because I'm not "big enough" homeboy must be pushing up close to 7 foot 300lbs. Especially if he wants to try and tackle Kim Kardashian's cartoonish rump. Which basically means that lightsky is Shaq. Which is fine, but I'm not getting into a dick measuring contest with him.

LOL. who do you think you're kidding, slim? you've already admitted you're a little guy with a little...

17. lightsky

lightsky Senior member

In some parts of Africa they liek them postively obese, with special fat farms to make sure the the bride weighs enough to be presentable. So lightsky are you from an african country?

aren't we all from africa?

18. Chasey

Chasey Active Member

LOL. who do you think you're kidding, slim? you've already admitted you're a little guy with a little...

and in true male nature, this argument has finally come down to what all arguments between guys are really ever about.

"my dick is bigger than yours" [​IMG]

19. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

and who do you think you're kidding that you don't like FAT, SLOVENLY chicks. Do us a favor and don't reproduce. And stop bringing science in to this. If you knew anything about it you wouldn't try and use it here.

20. lightsky

lightsky Senior member

I hope you realize that nothing you said in this entire post made any sense at all.

For a guy who thinks he is really smart, you sure don't know much about what you are talking about.

translation: i can't refute a single point, but maybe if i just make a blanket statement, some people might think i actually know what i'm talking about.

translation: dang! i can't argue with this, but maybe if i just denouce it no-one will notice that i didn't give any reasons.

bottom line: you can lead a fool by logic, but you cannot make him think.