Superman VS Batman - Movie Thread (May 6, 2016)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Interesting.

Well most female superheros in comics are drawn with excessive large bewbs. It's not like this is a core aspect of WW's design. No fan of the character will care if she comes across as more average sized in the movie as long as they get the more important parts right.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Agree to disagree then. By no means do I expect her to reach Tagut/Power Girl levels of boobage but WW definitely has to have a chest that makes the average guy take a second look. More Katy Perry, less Kate Upton! :teach:

3. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Agreed. DC/WB need to realize that Marvel is snatching up quite a few reputable actors.

I think Idris Elba would be perfect as GL. Aquaman casting is still up in the air.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ would be surreal if they get that guy from "entourage" to do aquaman

5. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Vinnie Chase would kill as Aquaman...

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

kill the movie maybe

They need Ryan Gosling as Aquaman!

Actually the dude that played Finick in Catching Fire wouldn't be the worse choice to play Aquaman, dude even had a trident in that film already. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

7. Neo_Version 7

Aquaman can be played by any fit, tall, white guy. I guarantee you, casting could pick up any blonde jock in any college in the US and it wouldn't make a difference. He's that uninteresting as a character.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Aquaman gets no respect. :lol:

I think that needs to change, they need a badass Aquaman solo film, really.

[​IMG]

9. Neo_Version 7

I definitely think he can be written well but the general public doesn't care enough about Aquaman to give him a decent chance. I honestly think if a movie about him came out today, the only hook for people to watch would be for DC to say that it will link to some Justice League project down the line. If this film-spanning crossover blueprint put forth by Marvel hadn't worked, Aquaman would end up like Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

10. Jr Mouse

Aquaman will need to be brought into the JLA movie first. If they can nail the tone of the character and get the general public to like him, then a standalone film might work.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I somewhat disagree. I think there is definitely a market for him, there will be a lot of jokes but a badass movie will simply change that.

Entourage definitely make people more aware of Aquaman so he is already known. It is also arguable that he is more famous than IronMan and Thor before those origin films were made so there is an audience that knows him from the start, fans or not.

it really just has to be done right, a simple, action-packed origin story w/o changing much of the original story, do not overthink it like they did with GL.

12. Jr Mouse

IronMan and Thor didn't have a famous childhood cartoon that featured a version of the character that remains a pop-culture joke to this day. I agree that he can be written as a bad-ass, but it's too risky for a studio to create a stand alone film with the character first. Better to prove him in a team up film first that features bankable characters like Batman and Superman. After that, go stand alone all day long.

13. Neo_Version 7

It would help if the Aquaman that's cast isn't another generic, pretty boy. Make him grizzled with a beard. Give him one hand. Make him badass. Basically, give him a personality other than "must save humans and the sea".

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

15. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

I don't think he's making the compelling argument he thinks he's making. 70+ years of history and the ten reasons Aquaman isn't a pussy include things like "he married well" and "one time he threw a bear at some poachers". Seriously? That's just sad.