SUPERFUTURE GHETTO thread: All things Supertalk

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 13, 2006.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

^ to be fair, those that have transferred from SuFu have been very polite and followed the rules.

Poly: that's a really popular design from a Joy Division cd called "Unknown Pleasures." http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:d9frxq95ldse

It might have its origins somewhere else but that's how it's best known.

yeah, i know the history! i based my old band entirely on joy division's song ceremony! What i was saying is that it actually looks like her shirt. Seeing as all the other JD shirts have the text or way larger graphic, hers are smaller like the one the guy is wearing, who had a big hand in manchester apparantly....

so it looks like the first time i log into superfuture in a month and it crashes. go figure.

2. hsk5025

hsk5025 Member

here we go again.

3. sybaritical

sybaritical Senior member

The thing that grates is, when SuFu crashes and you can't refresh, the fracking pop up still appears.

4. poly800rock

syb, did you get your MBV tickets yet? I'm in the states and they haven't printed or charged my credit card yet...getting worried

5. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

yeah, i know the history! i based my old band entirely on joy division's song ceremony! What i was saying is that it actually looks like her shirt. Seeing as all the other JD shirts have the text or way larger graphic, hers are smaller like the one the guy is wearing, who had a big hand in manchester apparantly....

so it looks like the first time i log into superfuture in a month and it crashes. go figure.

I have an officially licensed JD shirt and the graphics is small like that.

6. poly800rock

I have an officially licensed JD shirt and the graphics is small like that.

who officially licenses JD shirts?

7. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

I dunno, but there's a copyright on the back.

8. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

^ that's odd because like Poly, almost all JD shirts I've seen have a larger graphic.
    Yeah, after someone responded I re-read your first post and got the gist of it. I'm the idiot here.
    syb, did you get your MBV tickets yet?
    Geez man, I get it, you know you indie. I apologized already.

9. poly800rock

Geez man, I get it, you know you indie. I apologized already.

I'm serious though, did any people from the US get their MBV tickets in teh mail or at least charged? I don't wanna show up to glasgow to not have a ticket

10. landho

landho Senior member

IIRC, Supreme and Raf both made clothing with Joy Division artwork.

11. sybaritical

sybaritical Senior member

Hey Poly ...

Yes I got my tickets a few weeks ago, they were courier delivered and I had to sign and show ID before I took hold of them.

Don't panic though ... When I booked, I got a reference number and checked up a couple times before they arrived just to make sure they hadn't gone astray. Maybe you could do the same?

12. poly800rock

Hey Poly ...

Yes I got my tickets a few weeks ago, they were courier delivered and I had to sign and show ID before I took hold of them.

Don't panic though ... When I booked, I got a reference number and checked up a couple times before they arrived just to make sure they hadn't gone astray. Maybe you could do the same?

Yeah, I could do that, but it sucks, requires me to get a phone card to call the UK!
    ugh. maybe this week[​IMG]

13. poly800rock

IIRC, Supreme and Raf both made clothing with Joy Division artwork.

never seen a raf one, but the supreme one was a colab with peter saville who did all the factory artwork. So in that sense, I guess it was licensed. The orginal image itself I believe is public domain, could be wrong though

14. hollaforadolla

hollaforadolla Senior member

TG!

I don't know if you can see this, but I was looking through a flaunt magazine and saw this familar shirt. Is it yours? looks exactly like your bread and butta. PM me if you want me to pick it up for you.

[​IMG][​IMG]

not to talk for tg76 but the shirt she sent me had the unknown pleasures logo much bigger

15. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

I'm serious though, did any people from the US get their MBV tickets in teh mail or at least charged? I don't wanna show up to glasgow to not have a ticket

That's hard core to fly to see MBV. Back in 1991 or something they played a show in the old 930 club, which is almost unbelievable. That place had a capacity of like 200.

I didn't see them, unfortunately. A friend of mine had, and even had a concert tee. The ongoing story was that they were terrible live, but still, who knew that things would stop dead after loveless, and I would never be able to verify whether or not they were no good live?