1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Superfoods!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by javyn, Apr 3, 2008.

1. djlukin

djlukin Well-Known Member

Yogurt
    Flax
    Quinoa
    Eggs
    Beef
    Vegetables
    Fruits
    Milk
    Dark Chocolate

2. 89826

89826 Senior member

Blueberries. The chemical which gives them their color, anthocyanin die, promotes neurogenesis. That's the formation of new brain cells. Having new brain cells makes you smarter, if you use them before they die off.

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

FAIK, your body does not create new brain cells/neurons after birth.

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I had alot of kiwis the last couple of days for breakfast. Still don't like the boring taste of them. Fuk that, I'm back to peanutbutter sandwiches.

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

What about beef jerky? I bought some today and marveled at the fact that I can buy something at 7-11 that has 23 grams of protein, no carbs and 2 grams of fat.

6. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

What about beef jerky? I bought some today and marveled at the fact that I can buy something at 7-11 that has 23 grams of protein, no carbs and 2 grams of fat.

And 40 grams of sodium? (I'm actually curious)

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

It's pretty high sodium, 1.5 grams. I've never had problems with blood pressure (knock on wood) so I don't pay too much attention. I'm sure if you shopped somewhere swankier than 7-11 you could find something with much lower sodium, but for quick protein when pressed for time it's not too bad.

8. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Yeah. Still beats potato chips if you're on a road trip and need some kcal.

9. ineffable

ineffable Senior member

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

11. phreak

phreak Senior member

How can you drink chlorella/spirulina in powder form every day when it makes your breath smell so fucking bad. If I can't find a way to fight this (tried brushing 4x per day and gum and mouthwash) I'm gonna have to stop cuz my mouth tastes/smells like sewage all the time. The SO does not approve haha

12. gauche.story

gauche.story Senior member

Getting your nutrition from whole foods is loads healthier than getting it from vitamins. Actual food is the purest source of all of the macro nutrients (amino acids, carbs, calcium, etc.), and whole food is the only source of many micronutrients.

Most mirconutrients have not been studied fully by scientists to know what their affects are, but the ones that have been studied are found to be crucial to our human bodies.

Eating loads of raw / slightly cooked veggies is a tasty way to get all of these benefits. You also miss out on all of the processing chemicals and preservatives that in the off the shelf solutions.

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

How can you drink chlorella/spirulina in powder form every day when it makes your breath smell so fucking bad. If I can't find a way to fight this (tried brushing 4x per day and gum and mouthwash) I'm gonna have to stop cuz my mouth tastes/smells like sewage all the time. The SO does not approve haha
    Does not compute....the stuff you are taking must be bad....like REALLY bad. Throw it away before it kills you man.

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

^+1, I take it every day, no issues with breath

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

If anything, the chlorophyll should improve your breath and body odor. If it's making him stink, that makes me think tainted batch, which makes me think....serious health problems on the way if he doesn't stop taking it immediately.

The only effect it has on my body odor, is it makes my pits smell like that Primal Defense supplement, if you've ever smelled it. It's an earthy, clean scent. I like it. Yes, earthy....and clean....yes I know how that sounds.

16. phreak

phreak Senior member

I think I just had a [​IMG] moment...I was taking it with straight water (and not enough water probably), instead of with juice. Much better now

17. javyn

javyn Senior member

Best with apple juice, and instead of mixing it with a spoon, it's way easier (and easier to clean up) just shaking it in a jar and slamming it.