• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superbowl Food

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i just deep fry the wings, then roll them in melted butter, a 1/2 bottle of frank's red hot and a few tspns of corn starch. ocassionally, a shot of lea & perreins

Hmm sounds pretty simple but frank's red hot isn't spicy enough. Are your wings hotter Kwik?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HitMan009
Hmm, I was hoping for something more gourmet then that......
eh.gif
I make mines with some cream cheese and pecorino romano. I find the pecorino adds a sharpness and fragrance that can't be beat. Do you use canned artichokes and frozen spinach. I find that fresh artichokes don't work as well and frozen spinach seems destined for this sort of dish.

YEah, canned artichokes and frozen spinach. For some reason, my parents always have frozen spinach in the freezer and it seems like this is the only way it ever gets used. I've used pecorino, before. I liked it, but like the parmesan better.
Originally Posted by Stazy
Hmm sounds pretty simple but frank's red hot isn't spicy enough. Are your wings hotter Kwik?

I've done it before with Frank's where I added a mixture of Sriracha and chipotle powder and some minced habanero. That's a little bit too hot for me. So when I'm not in the mood for killer hot, I do this:

1.5 cups red wine vinegar
A few tblspoons mustard
a can of chipotle pepper puree
5 tblspoon honey
1 stick butter
2 jalapeno minced
Ancho chile powder, to taste.
Sometimes cayenne too, if you like that.
Just add that all together in a pot and bring it to a boil. Toss the deep fried or grilled wings in there and roll them around a bit.
It's got a lot of good flavor and a couple layers of heat, without being overpowering.

JAY13

Reaction score
I am going make some Sliders w/chile verde creme fraiche.

I mix ground beef w/ some spicy Italian sausage + panko bread crumbs and grill patties to perfection.
Mix some Chile Verde w/ sour cream and place on small buns, top it all of with jalapenos.

Quick and easy, tasty little burgers!

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Tostitos, dip, and *****.

What, you inviting Giants fans?

I'll be ordering 2 six-feet burritos (Carne asada & chicken) and making my famous seafood chowder. And of course, a whole lotta booze!

JAY13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
What, you inviting Giants fans?

I'll be ordering 2 six-feet burritos (Carne asada & chicken) and making my famous seafood chowder. And of course, a whole lotta booze!

Zinnnnggggggggg!
boxing[1].gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crab and fennel dim sum

trad wings

taco balls (seasoned ground meat rolled around a cheese block and rolled in crumbled tortilla chips)

white bean and chicken chilli

grilled lamb skewers with oo, cumin and lemon

bruscetta

nachos

blue cheese and apple-smoked bacon sliders

I was thinking Kunk had nearly perfected his Super Bowl party repertoire until I read this...

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Tostitos, dip, and *****.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, and nothing else.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
blow me. and they are americanzied(sic) tacquos (sic) and ******* delishous (sic)

Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
regarding the taco balls: yuck. and tacos do not contain ground meat or cheese. (fyi)

regarding "bruscetta": it's spelled bruschetta, and i hope you pronounce it better than you spell it.
devil.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how do you thicken the sauce, k?

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
YEah, canned artichokes and frozen spinach. For some reason, my parents always have frozen spinach in the freezer and it seems like this is the only way it ever gets used. I've used pecorino, before. I liked it, but like the parmesan better.

I've done it before with Frank's where I added a mixture of Sriracha and chipotle powder and some minced habanero. That's a little bit too hot for me. So when I'm not in the mood for killer hot, I do this:

1.5 cups red wine vinegar
A few tblspoons mustard
a can of chipotle pepper puree
5 tblspoon honey
1 stick butter
2 jalapeno minced
Ancho chile powder, to taste.
Sometimes cayenne too, if you like that.
Just add that all together in a pot and bring it to a boil. Toss the deep fried or grilled wings in there and roll them around a bit.
It's got a lot of good flavor and a couple layers of heat, without being overpowering.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
how do you thicken the sauce, k?

You could use a cornstarch slurry, if you want it to be quick, but I like letting it just reduce naturally. It doesn't take that long-- maybe 20 minutes, and it gives you time to cook the wings or make taco balls or whatever else you have to do while it reduces.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool, thnkx. i usually use corn starch slurry in my general tso's and stir fry in general, so that is what i will do

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Don't really have much of a recipe.
I just take a bunch of onion, sweat them in butter, add flour to make a roux, add spinach and artichoke, and then cream and parmesan cheese/whatever other kind you like. Let it simmer until it's about the thickness you like.

What about a recipe for the gyros?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads