• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superbad - Funniest Movie Ever?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the only movie I've ever paid to see 3 times. Zoolander and Knocked Up came close, but the akwardness of those kids was unspeakable.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Its funny.

But Caddyshack is a million times better.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most people say The Party, but it falls short due to it's poor ending. The best comedic ending is and will always be Some Like it Hot, in fact, overall SLiH is a strong contender for number 1. You can also make a pretty good argument for Duck Soup.

But the best comedy based on story, character, and sheer chutzpah is and always will be The Producers.

lefty

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Lefty's response illustrates, this is impossible to say based on generational and cultural differences. I think you might have a hard time coming up with a consensus that the funniest movie from that director, much less the funniest movie ever.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched it for the first time recently it was amusing. It doesn't compare to Coming to America or Plane Trains and Automobiles.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
As Lefty's response illustrates, this is impossible to say based on generational and cultural differences. I think you might have a hard time coming up with a consensus that the funniest movie from that director, much less the funniest movie ever.

Fair enough. Is it safe to say at least funniest movie of the year goes to Superbad?

YoungGuy86

Reaction score
I would call it funny, but I thought Super Troopers was a better comedy. Even knocked up was funnier. And Homer I agree Hot Fuzz was only some what funny.

naapa

Reaction score
Seth: You know when you hear girls say 'Ah man, I was so ****-faced last night, I shouldn't have fucked that guy?' We could be that mistake!

Seth: I just wanna go to the rooftops and scream, "I love my best friend, Evan."

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278

While there are no doubt decades between me and someone who thinks Superbad is the greatest comedy ever, since there are only 100 years or so to filmed comedies the opportunity exists to watch all these great comedies and make a fair comparison.

I can't imagine a kid not laughing at "Howdy partner" or "I'm wet ... I'm hysterical and I'm wet." Or for that matter agreeing that "Well, nobody's perfect" is the best comedic closer ever written.

lefty

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Superbad, and I admit that I really wanted to see it and that it looked really funny, but I'm a bit tired of comedies where sex is the main component. Sex jokes are good and all, but there's just been too many sex comedies. The topic seems easy and cheap, no more innovative than toilet humor. My favorite comedies as of late have been Borat and Idiocracy.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, in good company with the likes of Zoolander, Eurotrip, 40 Yr Old Virgin

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Superbad, but here's an off the top of my head list of funniest movies, in no particular order (I've seen all of these):

Caddyshack
Fletch
A Fish Called Wanda
Trading Places
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Animal House
Airplane
Better Off Dead
40 Year Old Virgin

I'm sure I'm missing some.

kakemono

Reaction score
I didnt like Knocked Up very much *shocked*

My favorite in a long time was Little Miss Sunshine.

I also think some of the old black and white Little Rascals episodes were some of the most laughs Ive ever had in my life.

Superbad was really funny, but I feel the downfall of its lasting respect as a great comedy is that you have to be in the right company or its just too awkward to watch.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungGuy86
I would call it funny, but I thought Super Troopers was a better comedy. Even knocked up was funnier. And Homer I agree Hot Fuzz was only some what funny.

+1. Although the funniest movie of all time is Dumb and Dumber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads