• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super high end / luxury retailer

pengin

Reaction score
Hey,

There was a topic about this a long time ago, but i can't find it through search. I tried google'ing this too and came up with nothing.

I'm looking for the name of a store that was started by a successful and wealthy businessman. It provides super high end luxury goods at extremely expensive prices. It even has high end clothes manufacturers make special clothes for that store. Aka T&A for ____ (don't remember what brands actually did this for that store). It was so luxury that it was open by invitation only. As well, the store's owner would use his private jet to fly collections to where-ever you were. .. so that you could try it on. Their store was based in LA. I think it was on rodeo drive.

I believe it was called Bjon or Bjorn or something along those lines.

Hopefully someone will recognize the store and tell me the name / provide a link to any information about it.

Thanks in Advance,

Derek

pengin

Reaction score
yep. thats exactly it. wow that was fast. thanks so much.

hrm, for some reason I thought that Al Gore and/or President Bush's campaign clothes were provided by him. Weird.

Derek

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How to look wealthy Seven tips for men, from Bijan: 1. Wear a white linen suit without worrying about wrinkles. 2. Drink very good red wine at dinner and lots of water during the day. 3. Own a Bentley and a VW Beetle. 4. First you have to be in love. 5. Have your portrait painted by Fernando Botero. 6. Fly to your Manhattan office from Connecticut in your helicopter. 7. Be a corporate chairman and spend two hours a day gardening in your greenhouse.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
i'm being completely unironic when i say i think that's a pretty cool quote. dunno if it's applicable to my life, but i like his attitude. /andrew - wonders where he's going to park his helicoptor...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reading the "$19,000 Bijan-designed ostrich vest" line in the article reminds me of the Simpson's song when Mr. Burns is singing (sung to "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast): Burns: Some men hunt for sport, Others hunt for food, The only thing I'm hunting for, Is an outfit that looks good... See my vest, see my vest, Made from real gorilla chest, Feel this sweater, there's no better, Than authentic Irish setter. See this hat, 'twas my cat, My evening wear - vampire bat, These white slippers are albino African endangered rhino. Grizzly bear underwear, Turtles' necks, I've got my share, Beret of poodle, on my noodle It shall rest, Try my red robin suit, It comes one breast or two, See my vest, see my vest, See my vest. Like my loafers? Former gophers - It was that or skin my chauffeurs, But a greyhound fur tuxedo Would be best, So let's prepare these dogs, Mrs. Potts: Kill two for matching clogs, Burns: See my vest, see my vest, Oh please, won't you see my vest.
biggrin.gif
Jon.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would seem a Botero portrait would be unflattering. Especially to someone already of an ample girth. Or slim girth for that matter.

But then he did use that model, Bella for his ads so I suppose it is jusitifed.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading the "$19,000 Bijan-designed ostrich vest" line in the article reminds me of the Simpson's song when Mr. Burns is singing (sung to "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast): Burns: Some men hunt for sport, Others hunt for food, The only thing I'm hunting for, Is an outfit that looks good... See my vest, see my vest, Made from real gorilla chest, Feel this sweater, there's no better, Than authentic Irish setter. See this hat, 'twas my cat, My evening wear - vampire bat, These white slippers are albino African endangered rhino. Grizzly bear underwear, Turtles' necks, I've got my share, Beret of poodle, on my noodle It shall rest, Try my red robin suit, It comes one breast or two, See my vest, see my vest, See my vest. Like my loafers? Former gophers - It was that or skin my chauffeurs, But a greyhound fur tuxedo Would be best, So let's prepare these dogs, Mrs. Potts: Kill two for matching clogs, Burns: See my vest, see my vest, Oh please, won't you see my vest.
biggrin.gif
Jon.
How'd did you find that song. I remember the episode but could remember it by heart.Great post.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting... Bijan didn't make any mention of Mittal in his client list. What's going on Kalra?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads