1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Super 100s worsted wool

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CLaG, Mar 24, 2004.

1. CLaG

CLaG Member

I just bought a charcoal gray, pinstriped, Karl Kani suit. The tag on the inside says it's 100% wool and it's Super 100s worsted wool. Is this a good fabric? It is a slight shine to it, is it supposed to have that? I paid $700 for it, did i pay too much?

Thanx in advance for your reponses

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Their was a thread a while back that described very clearly the differences in wool grade and type. I would not personally buy a Karl Kani suit at $700 when I could just as easily pick up a classic Canali suit or a trendier Yves St. Laurent Rive Gauche for the same price at any given outlet or discounter. On Yoox, you can pick up anything from an Emporio Armani to a Helmut Lang for less, and for a hundred dollars less, you could have a Corneliani from Sierra Trading Post. That said, if you like the Karl Kani suit, who is to say that you paid too much?

A lot of worsted wools have the "shine" you refer to. Also, a sharkskin type of look is a popular "urban" style.