Sunspell boxers from sierra trading

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lomezz, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior member

I ordered three pairs in medium - Â Sunspell: The good news: price is right and fabric is soft and pleasant to the touch. I like the pattern - matter of taste, i guess. The bad new: of the three pairs, one is noticeably larger. The cut is not very good, such that the fabric bunches up in the waist. The 'fly' is not secured with a button, and, due to the deficiencies of the cut, is liable to remain constantly open, to rather embarrasing results. All in all - not recommended, considering you can buy 'commodity' CK/RL boxers for the same price, with none of the problems. Fabric may be less nice, but, then again, I'm not that sensitive...

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

Buy boxers by Nordstroms. The best I've ever found. Very well designed. And pretty cheap -- @$15.

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I've not tried Nordstrom, but I really like both Polo and Banana Republic boxers. No button (which I prefer) but the fly is cut so that there is no gap (no gap also preferred&#33[​IMG]. Polo can be had at TJ Maxx/Marshall's for <$8 and BR on sale for about the same (you have to catch them right), sometime for even $5. Cut is just right on both. I would like to give the Nordstroms a shot, though. (Thanks for the warning on the Sunspell. I had looked at those on STP.)