1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunspel - Official thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hampton, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Agree with you there. The polos before was much better I don't think they are making them in england anymore, turkey or something like that. That may be the issue.

But still overall best polos and underwear for me :)

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yep, it's Turkey. What a disappointment

1 person likes this.
  3. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

4. jtang108

jtang108 Senior member

Let me know if this helps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As an aside, our (Vastrm) custom style and fit polos could match your sizing precisely. Our slim fits happen to be almost identical to your RL custom fit polos. But if you prefer, if you send us a shirt we could measure it out. Your RL polo may have shrunk in length during wash cycles. Did it fit better new? or did it hold its shape pretty well? Our polos will typically shrink < 1% after 20 wash cycles. Quality of our fabrics have been on par with many of the Italian brands (Cucinelli, Loro Piana, Zegna).

5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Now final sale 60 %

6. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

That guide does help , thank you. It appears as if I would take a large per their measurements. Where are the Vastrm polos made?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  7. jtang108

jtang108 Senior member

Currently, we manufacture in Thailand. Thailand has a rich history in knitwear and have some of the most skilled seamstresses in the world when it comes to cotton knits. Our factory also produces for the likes of Fred Perry, Burberry and Nordstrom private label, fwiw. We have an algorithm in-house that can help you determine the right fit. If you dm me jtang@vastrm.com I can recommend either sunspel or vastrm polo sizing that would fit you properly. We have actually sold quite a few of the 007 style polo that Daniel Craig was wearing in the film. Our version of the 007 is made with an extremely soft interlock cotton. We can tweak it by adding accents on placket or inside collar band to add more style or keep it simple (all black). And of course, we can custom tailor it to your body type, by request.

8. bamahabir

bamahabir Active Member

Is there any way that they will drop down to 75% sale? Or should I just buy now?

9. Louys

Louys Senior member

Buy now, it says on the site that this is the final reduction.

10. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

They used to have last sale 70-75% sale. But this time it seems this 60% is the last one. Go for it!

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Thought I would post my questions here as it's appropriate, although it doesn't seem there's much action here lately...

I'm interested in getting hold of some Sunspel chinos. Sizing on the website is limited to waist and inseam lengths - I'm particularly interested in thigh, front rise and hem. Does anyone have a chart, or have experience in how these actually fit? Also, it says in the description that they've "tweaked" the fit this season, but I'm not sure what season they're actually referring to?!

12. Giannis

Giannis Senior member

I wanted to buy some of their polo tshirts but they seem to be made in turkey. I wanted to try Sunspel as I like British style and brands but this is not the case anymore in here. Only some tshirts are still made in england.

I would just order again from John Smedley, as I m very satisfied with their products and they are made in UK.

1 person likes this.
  13. puffy

puffy Well-Known Member

Not all Sunspel's stuff is made in Turkey. Knitwear is made in Portugal, loopback in Turkey.

I have many of their polos, tshirts and knitwear, can't really fault it.

1 person likes this.
  14. Giannis

Giannis Senior member

Anyone know when there would be any sales ?

1 person likes this.
  15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

There's 20% off site-wide, and free shipping to the US this weekend. Code is SSUS20.

1 person likes this.
  16. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Wondering why I am having so much trouble finding xsmall and xxsmall sizes. Do they come back in stock?

17. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Also, by the time there are sales in December, are all the smaller sizes going to be sold out?

18. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Do they have 20% off every November? There are a couple items I want to pick up, but I can wait.

19. 68Bullitt

68Bullitt Well-Known Member

hoit, did you ever get the info on this or the chinos themselves? I'm interested in ordering a pair to go along with the loopback sweater.

20. tbrock

tbrock Well-Known Member

I don't think a thread on such a great brand should be dead.

Just got some nice sale items, so thought I'd update people on current/last season. I used to wear a small in sunspel t-shirts. The best fitting t-shirts I've ever had. Unfortunately they have completely reworked the sizing and now the xs is a lot larger than the old small. Wider, longer, far bigger neck hole. Beautiful colour dyes though.

However, the merino polos are absolutely stunning. Portuguese made but the fit is as tailored as tailored knitwear gets. Nice big collars too and better colours than Smedley.