• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sunspel boxer shorts sizing? Not sure which size to get.

leica2

Reaction score
Have a question. Anyone know how Sunspel Boxer shorts fit? I'm going to buy a few pairs from here:

http://www.sunspel.com/mens/boxer-shorts

And am not sure if I need to buy size Small or Size medium? I'm a waist size 33" and on Sunspel's webpage it says the small is for 30-32 and the medium is for 34-36. So I'm in between their sizes.

Sunspel customer support emailed me and recommended a size Small and said
I would probably find a MED too big on the waist. However, another Sunspel retailer told me to go with the medium as the small would feel to tight. I know Sunspel has a return policy but I'm in the US and sending them back to England would be a hassle. Trying to prevent that. Maybe I should get the medium and then after a washing they might shrink to a size 33? Not sure if Sunspel shrinks or not though. Thanks in advance for the help or replies!

Josh

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd probably get a small if it were US sizing. But in UK you might be better off with an M. In other words, I don't have a slightest idea.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can't answer until you post a picture of your...

Oh nevermind, nevermind

Seriously, I'd get the medium. I hate it when underwear feels uncomfrotable. I don't mind if clothes most people can see me make me feel uncomfortable if I look good, but when it comes to underwear, comfort is all that matters.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get the M ... they are not vanity sized and too small would suck

also did you measure your size around your hip

pant size can be tagged for true waist .. i am 35 in at hips but never more than a 33 or 34 tagged pant

i wear the M in sunspel and they are def. not too big

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 16.7%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 144 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 31 - 40