• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunless tanning products

Arizona's Finest

Reaction score
This post seeks for open suggestions toward sunless tanning prodcuts that some of you have already experiemented in the past? I am hoping to purchase reliable tanning product for face so I am open to hear your comments.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Aramis surface products. Try the Healty Look Gel, it will give your face some color that looks natural, plus it washes off easily.

JLM

Reaction score
I use Flash Bronzer Gel from Lancome and sometimes Streak Free Bronzer from Clinique. The Lancome product is a translucent gel that darkens your skin several minutes after it's applied and doesn't wash off. The Clinique product is a traditional bronzer that washes off.

Arizona's Finest

Reaction score
Aramis' Healthy Look Gel will give a natural color which is what color? It will blend into the color of my skin or film my face with streak of natural-looking tan?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will give the color naturally acquired while tanning, a slight bronze look (shade depends on how much you put on). It definalty won't look orange or streak if that's what you're worried about. I'd suggest you pick up a sample and try it out.

jerseyman

Reaction score
Sunless tanning works through a process of DHA, which is a sort of coloring approved by the FDA. It has been around for about 50 years. Farmers used to put it on fruits and vegetables to make them appear riper for market. We have been consuming it for a long time. It takes a couple of hours to make the skin appear tanned. Generally speaking it lasts about 4-6 days in the mountains or 7-9 days in a place with high humidity before it begins to wear off.

If you make a mistake, a self tanner has to wear off (unless you really want to dry the skin). If you act immediately, you can use a towel or sponge, but once on you it's very hard get rid of. I haven't found anything that will strip it off immediately. You should see my hands sometimes

Jen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard very good things about the tanning sprays that are now on the market. You can even have it done at a salon (which might be a good idea if you concern is even application.)

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLM
I use Flash Bronzer Gel from Lancome and sometimes Streak Free Bronzer from Clinique. The Lancome product is a translucent gel that darkens your skin several minutes after it's applied and doesn't wash off. The Clinique product is a traditional bronzer that washes off.

I'd recommend the Lancome, though I can't attest to how safe it is. Probably safer than UVA and UVB, though.
smile.gif

Udo

Reaction score
I only use St Tropez Auto Bronzant Lotion. It just gives me the nicest skin tone. I would never use anything else. IMO nothing else even compares.

https://www.sttropeztan.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads