• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses, what do you think of these?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Smells like spam, tastes like spam.
Gee, I got two similar replies to my first post, which was ironically also a quest for sunglass opinions. What's even more ironic is that the link I posted was to the same website. Guess there's just an over abundance of small minded dickheads around here.

On the sunglasses....I've never seen a celebrity wearing them, so that should tell you something.

(they're hideous)

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Make a few more contributions in the form of informative replies to any other thread and people will see your not trying to push this website you linked.

Going from the glasses you first inquired about Im guessing youre male. No man ever should wear sunglasses with studs in them. The best I can offer you is to go to Solstice (find one near you) and check out the YSL frames, best out for men that I have seen so far. If youre inclined to go the internet route then check out frames from Westwood.

Newton

Reaction score
IMO those glasses are all money and no class. Pretty typical of Versace in that field.

ninjapie

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear them. Expensive sunglasses are a waste of money anyways in my opinion.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
aside from the fact that i don't like the huge, obvious logo on the side, i think they look a little feminine. if you want the same shape checkout persol's. i think they have a bit more class to them too.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
On the sunglasses....I've never seen a celebrity wearing them, so that should tell you something.

That is one of the funniest responses that I've seen in a while. I shall quote you in response to you, "Guess there's just an over abundance of small minded dickheads around here." If you requirement for something to be stylish is that you've seen in on your favourite celebrity this forum is not for you.

By the way, those are quite ugly.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Gee, I got two similar replies to my first post, which was ironically also a quest for sunglass opinions. What's even more ironic is that the link I posted was to the same website. Guess there's just an over abundance of small minded dickheads around here.

(they're hideous)

While I will admit some forum members are a bit Spam button happy but it's because this site is all about consumerism. Therefore, it attracts a lot of spammers and people interested in trying to shill "fashion" products. If not kept in check this site could quickly degenerate into some pseudo-GQ Forum filled with uninformed nitwits and ads disguised as "topics."

I hope your comment about celebrity's not wearing something meaning it isn't cool was in jest. If not, that is some of the most f*cked logic I've seen in a long time. In addition, you don't engender yourself to the locals if you call them, "small minded dickheads."

a.

P.S.>Stay away from the Versace's LookatHisShoes

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

I worked for a viral marketing company for a year and half so when someone out of the blue registers to ask a question with a link and then follows up with a "I'm new so bear with me" post, it just reeks of spam protocol. It's not just my imagination and I'm sure other people who've actually been here a few months share my line of thinking.

Reaction score
wow yall take the spam thing a little too seriously...do yall have a listen of rules that your supposed to read before posting??? just relax on the spam ****, i got the site from the guy who was asking about pradas

RELAX!!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
aside from the fact that i don't like the huge, obvious logo on the side, i think they look a little feminine. if you want the same shape checkout persol's. i think they have a bit more class to them too.

thats why i was asking, i got some D&Gs now but i feel they are too big like girls wear but what im looking for are some all black in that shape, does YSL have any in this shape?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads