1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Douchenozzle, Inc. sorry can't find the link.

1 person likes this.
  2. Eduardo Vidal

Eduardo Vidal New Member

really?nobody knows that sunglasses are?

3. klonowj

klonowj Senior member

Has anyone heard of fake Barton Perreira eyeglasses?

I've been looking at a seller on eBay.... Would anyone be able to confirm whether this seller is legit or not? Would help me out if I got some opinions, Ive been holding back on a couple pairs of BP I really want.

http://myworld.ebay.com/eurofshn4all

4. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

never heard of fakes. I would give it a try.

5. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I can tell you this... aside from the fact that they have zero contact info! the half-assed attorneys they had write up the "Conditions of Use" go hand-in-hand with the price of the glasses so put 2 and 2 together.... simple math bro.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  7. nelemoess

nelemoess New Member

8. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

Anyone interested in some American Optical Aviator Gold/Gray Lens/52

9. Classically

Classically Senior member

If you end up buying RE glasses, get them directly from RE's website. You are guaranteed to get a pair without any problems.

10. mark water

mark water New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses. I've been looking around for the aviator kind of style. Especially the classic aviators from Randoloh Engineering and American Optical ones. Now I have a small head and I have been checking this link http://www.randolphusa.com/buy/sizing-info/
    I measured and my temple to temple size is actually less than 115mm, 110mm to be precise. Based on this even 47mm would be too big, or perhaps just right. But since the aviators start at 52mm I guess these glasses will be too big? Although 52mm doesn't sound that big, I'm worried the bridge size will be too big. I thought this was 20mm compared with Ray Ban Aviators which are around 14mm. Will these AO or RE aviators be too big for me?

11. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

go to a shop, try them on and take a picture through the mirror (otherwise the wide angel of the camera will make your face look strange!)

12. donniesboy

donniesboy New Member

Can someone please tell me what type of sunglasses these are? I bought them off ebay months ago and lost them. They were advertized on Ebay as Versace Model e53,, but i'm not sure i believe it now since i cannot find them anywhere. I loved them, knock off or not lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

. [​IMG]

13. mark water

mark water New Member

Yeah I probably should do that. Hope that I can find them anywhere.
    I still have one more question. My favorite pair of sunglasses I own now are Serengeti Maestrale. I absolutely dig them, but I think they are probably not suitable for formal business wear.
    They are exactly the same color as this pair:

[​IMG]
    Although they are not comparable with the typical Oakley sport glasses, they are still categorized as sport glasses. So I wondered what your opinions would be about using these glasses for more formal wear.

14. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

No just no. Those are NOT formal glasses. If you want to go formal I suggest you get some wayfarers, with those you can't go wrong. Or how old are you?

15. mark water

mark water New Member

Haha ok. So I definitely need to search for new glasses. I'm 25 so i'm pretty new to the business attire and i'm looking for glasses which suits smaller faces.

16. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

This is a little late. The quality of the Randolph Engineering glasses I have is terrific. They are definitely not flimsy material, if that is what you are asking. I'm not a sunglasses expert or anything, but I have no complaints. And they are guaranteed for life. I don't know much about American Optics, but I've heard it's an excellent value for the price.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  17. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Okay, so wayfarers would suit you best. Or something like that.

18. SJWilliam

SJWilliam New Member

Can anyone who is familiar with Persol Sunglasses explain to me the difference between the 2994 vs 2989? Is it simply just a difference in the shape of the bridge, because otherwise they look somewhat similar...

19. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks. I ended up getting a pair of mosley tribes aviators.

20. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

yes...what else do you want to hear? For example, the 649 and 714 have the same design.