1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Haha dang two!? Must really like them. I tried them on and really liked the style. Did you buy them from the LA store?

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Yeah, both from the OP Malibu store.

Every spring they send out a $100 off card to customers who have boughtr a few glasses from them before, so each time I used the cards to get the Cocobolo/Java pair and the Matte Black ones.

3. Deadkitty

Deadkitty Well-Known Member

How are they?

4. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

They're quite stylish for some beaters, very thick and durable. Oddly enough I get a ton of compliments on them. Beware though, these have a little bit of a cat eye effect so if you're face doesn't fit that type of mold than you could be fucked. I believe Union in LA carries them in their store if you want to try them on.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  5. CDNstyle740

CDNstyle740 Well-Known Member

6. CDNstyle740

CDNstyle740 Well-Known Member

I was seeking some advice/opinion on the following 2 pairs of Persol sunglasses I am interested in, I recently purchased a pair of Persol 2994S size 52 and would like to know two things,

Do you think this size is suitable or do you feel I should exchange them for size 54.

Also, I am interested in the Persol 2953S model, do you think these suit my face better and I should exchange my 2994s or should I even go as far to get both pairs?

Any input on sizing/style or even alternatives are greatly appreciated. Thanks[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

^size is perfect. Keep em.

8. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

Are these OP Daddy B's authentic?:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

10. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

[​IMG]

what tom ford model is this?

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh hey, is this where we ask what kind of sunglasses people on TV are wearing?

12. computurd

computurd Senior member

[​IMG]

Thinking of getting these oliver people glasses - Altman. Anyone know where to get OP glasses at the best price (and still be legit)

Any sites to particularly avoid?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  13. Classically

Classically Senior member

I want to say RE. The temples look like they have bayonets on them and the frames remind of the RE aviators that I have.

1 person likes this.
  14. dupper

dupper Member

I have a like new pair of Persol 649's in tortoise im looking to unload. I'll sell them for a reasonable price but I really want the new folding Persols in the caramel color with blue lenses size 52. If you have those and are looking to trade, Id love to :)

or like I said, I'll sell them for much less than I paid.

15. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

size?

16. dupper

dupper Member

sorry about that! they're size 52mm

17. Berob

Berob Active Member

Can someone clarify the differences between Persol 2747, 2803, and 2761? I've tried them on in different places at different times but never all at once so the differences are indiscernible to me. I know the sizing is slightly different but that's all I can tell. Thanks in advance.

18. judgeholden

judgeholden Member

PO2747S is photopolar. It's both polarized and gets darker with direct UV.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  19. judgeholden

judgeholden Member

Hard to tell in these pictures, but Oliver Peoples aren't the most counterfeited brand, although the Daddy B would probably be the most counterfeited style. I always forget that frame is made in Italy.
    In any case, I'd highly doubt anyone is counterfeiting it in matte black. Easiest way to tell? Hold the lenses up to your monitor. Fake glasses usually have really, really shitty polarization, if any. OP will almost definitely have pretty high quality ones (I say 'almost' because I've seen a few get out of the factory that shouldn't have.)

20. JBBSen

JBBSen New Member

Hi there, I have a quick question to ask: is there a way to tell what size a pair of Persol 714's are (52/54) from the inscription on the arms of the sunglasses (or from the accompanying documentation received in the box)? A friend has a pair which fit me well, but he's not sure what size they are so I'd like to find out so I can get a pair too! Thanks in advance!