1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Since you are German you may want to buy them and send them back if they are fakes BUT this seller sold over 6000 items and still got 100% feedback. I would go for them.

Can't you get them used?

2. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Does anyone know of a good alternative to the MMM cable temple sunglasses? Not really inclined to pay $650 for a pair of sunglasses, but i like the wayfarer style with the cables as an overall look.

3. schianerhermann

schianerhermann Member

yeah they look great... but honestly... its pretty expensive and I can't find them used!

4. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

I would take the cheaper one or ray bans.

5. deadstock23

deadstock23 Active Member

any sunglasses that are similar to the oliver peoples NDG?

6. potatocakes

potatocakes Member

I'm looking at getting some tortoiseshell Ray-Ban Wayfarers (2140 902) in either the green G15 lenses or the gradient brown lenses.

I think the model numbers are 902 and 902 / 51 respectively. Can't decide which colour lenses to get though!

7. ajk170

ajk170 Member

I've got them in the G15- I kinda felt the brown were more popular with the ladies. I went with Amazon- not sure if that's good or bad but my results were positive and they look and feel like the ones I see in Saks, Nordstroms etc and the Sunglass Hut. $80 well spent.

8. potatocakes

potatocakes Member

Yeah I had a further look on the Ray Ban website and the G15 lenses are their flagship lens. The brown ones are gradiented and don't look very dark.

What about going for the polarised option, worth the extra cash?

9. xcuneytx

xcuneytx Active Member

Anyone??

10. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

is this guy part of the show? if so, send a mail!

11. xcuneytx

xcuneytx Active Member

he is a famous fighter..

12. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Haven't watched it.... haha sorry!

13. tarudude

tarudude Member

Sorry man, I tried looking, but I can't seem to find them either.

Hey guys! Quick question about color choices. If you only had the option to choose one color from the following...would it be gloss black, matte black or tortoise colored frame sunglasses. The reason I ask is because I'm going to purchase a pair of OP bernardos and I'm stumped on which color to go with.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  14. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Tortoise. They look more easy on your head.

15. tarudude

tarudude Member

Thanks for your input, and if you had to choose between a matte black and polished black finish what would you choose then?

16. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

polished black!
    But if you compare tortoise to polished black, the tortoise is "black" when it's darker and as I said a bit more easy when the sun is shining. The tortoise does not underline contours of the face as much as black.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  17. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

Those look great -- let us know if you find out what those are.

18. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Senior member

shuron can put cable temples on their wayfarer style frames (sidewinder and freeway)

19. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I need some assistance deciding if either of these look good on me. Ignore the colors in the pics since this is what they had in the size I was looking for when I stopped by the mall today.

The top is Ray-Ban 3379 which is more of a wraparound design. The bottoms ones are obviously the new Wayfarers (trying to decide between the matte black pictured here or the tortoise shell).

[​IMG]

Feel free to critique away and tell me if I should avoid both or what styles might suit my face better.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  20. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Also, just as a reference I already own the RE Aviators in 55mm. They are shown in the top pics. Feel free to critique those too since I'm still within my return period on them.

The bottom pic is me trying on the Clubmasters earlier today. Even ignoring the awful color (they were out of stock of the tortoise ones I wanted to try), I think they do not suit my face at all so I quickly discounted them.

[​IMG]