1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^ awesome link, I want the half rimmed blacks

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

i actually just coped them over the phone

3. imanikehead

imanikehead Member

[​IMG]

picked these up from Nordstrom Rack for $90. some YSL shades, don't know the exact model.

4. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior member

Oliver Goldsmith makes some pretty good glasses. They use Carl Ziess optics which is the best you can do when it comes to plastic lenses.

I have a pair of Oliver Peoples and they are nice quality but I do not think I would buy them again. Maui Jim does not make the most stylish frames but when it comes to boating and driving their polarized glass lenses are the best.

I also own a pair of Randolf Engineering aviators and they are good quality but style wise and they are pretty poor. I bought them for flying but they always put a huge line across my forehead so I do not wear them anymore.

I want to get some nice tortoise shell sunglasses...I am thinking about some Persols.

5. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

i'm looking for a pair of sunglasss that looks something along the lines of Barton Perreira the graduate, but wider, I tried the graduate and they are too small for my head.
    I also tried some Range Rover ones, and they seem to fit pretty well, but I wanted to know what other optioins are out there.
    thanks

BP doesn't make many plastic frames. If you like the Graduate check out the INSIDER and the ENTREPRENEUR.

Also check out Oliver Peoples ZED.

6. scb

scb Senior member

had these for a few weeks and i'm loving them:

[​IMG]

7. FromCAtoCO

FromCAtoCO Senior member

What do those with narrowish face wear?. Especially narrow accros the temple.

8. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

had these for a few weeks and i'm loving them:

[​IMG]

I have these in a different color and absolutely love them.

9. mc25

mc25 Senior member

I have a pair of oakley ducati Fives

[​IMG]

10. stevenvg

stevenvg Senior member

I have a pair of oakley ducati Fives

[​IMG]

thats gay.

11. heynow

heynow Senior member

thats gay.
    +1 I cant stand that people think shades like these actually look good.

12. madaboutshirt

madaboutshirt Senior member

I only buy Ray Ban. some ppl seem to think Police is good too but I don't have any personal experience with them

13. sploosh

sploosh Senior member

Most likely picking up a pair of Rb Wayfarers or Clubmasters today. If they fit my face I will probably purchase the Clubmaster because I see less people wearing them.

14. Wags

Wags Member

I find most Oakley's kind of ridiculous unless you're on tour in the military.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Maui Jims have the best optics. Go someplace where you can compare them with other sunglasses and you will see. They kill glare and enhance color. MJ has excellent customer service too. It all comes at a cost but if you can justify the $, they have no competition. I like their styles too, mostly aviator variants.

If you are looking purely for "fashion" sunglasses, something else may work better for you.

16. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I find most Oakley's kind of ridiculous unless you're on tour in the military.

They look pretty silly on military types. They should only be allowed on cyclists, triathletes and beach volleyball babes.

17. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

Oakley has a lot of "hurr, x-treme!" frames, but there's some alright stuff in there. It's the gigantic plastic frames that get promoted, but I guess they just know their audience. [​IMG]

(For what it's worth, I think 80% of the people who wear Aviators can't pull them off, and just wind up looking like douches.)

18. GQBaller

GQBaller Senior member

They look pretty silly on military types. They should only be allowed on cyclists, triathletes and beach volleyball babes.

MLB outfielders too.

19. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

[​IMG]

picked these up from Nordstrom Rack for $90. some YSL shades, don't know the exact model.

Mercedes Benz has a pair like that with glass lenses if I remember correctly.