Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

news: Alternative to Clubmasters....

LaFont Byron

I cant find anything on the internet butI just saw them in another trade magazine. Looks quite similar. I dont know if they are released yet though. They have the top half of the frame is acetate as well as the temple. The bottom of the frame is metal, as well as the bridge.

I will post pics when I find some.

Get on it!

2. teddykgb45

teddykgb45 New Member

3. teddykgb45

teddykgb45 New Member

4. longskate88

longskate88 Senior member

Does anyone know what kind of shades these are? Obviously aviators, but who exactly makes them? I am not so sure. http://media.cardplayer.com/image/d/...2_Large_-2.JPG
    I'm no expert, I'd guess OP Farrell ("Gold with pink quartz mirror?"), since OP makes lots of colorful gradient lenses like that. The temples look like they may be OP as well.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] Just picked these up yesterday. A little more squared-off then what I usually wear, but top notch in construction. They definitely match my parka & scooter. They retail for something around $400, but an NYC resale shop had them for $62.50. Badda-bing!

6. sdotmiles

sdotmiles Member

what do people think of these maui jim maka's?

[​IMG]

7. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

what do people think of these maui jim maka's?

[​IMG]

Thoes look ugly imo.

8. TylerDurden

I dot know if youre serious but if that tickles your fancy, Chanel has a pair like that....

Yhea I was kidding.

9. sdotmiles

sdotmiles Member

Thoes look ugly imo.

point taken. i see so many thin wire frames in this thread and for some reason those types do not look good on me. can anyone suggest some good stylish shield or thicker frame type sunglasses?

10. TylerDurden

point taken. i see so many thin wire frames in this thread and for some reason those types do not look good on me. can anyone suggest some good stylish shield or thicker frame type sunglasses?

Goto your local sunglass store and try on a few pairs, see what works. Thick frame, Wayfarer style works well on most faces. Theres several variations of the Wayfarer style.

Or you could always go with the Oakley sport style glasses, but as some on here will say, that style has been out since the 90's.

I like the Club Master syle as well, but not everyone can pull it off.

Really the best thing to do is go out and try on glasses and see what works for your face.

11. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

again, there are tons that style. From $5 kiosk sunglasses to $400 designer. Although, personally I think shiny silver and mirror coated lenses look cheap....my personal opinion.

12. CityConnection

I think shields are starting to phase out. Not many designers are making them. They are starting to be phased out.

If you are looking for thicker, there are a lot of different companies that make thick ones. Just about every company makes them.

13. CityConnection

Goto your local sunglass store and try on a few pairs, see what works. Thick frame, Wayfarer style works well on most faces. Theres several variations of the Wayfarer style.

Or you could always go with the Oakley sport style glasses, but as some on here will say, that style has been out since the 90's.

I like the Club Master syle as well, but not everyone can pull it off.

Really the best thing to do is go out and try on glasses and see what works for your face.

If you want Clubmasters, but something a bit more currect, look for a store with Lafont. They just released one that is similar in style. If you are looking for something less expensive and similar, Roots just released one. Roots isnt my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Oakley's are starting to look more like Motocross/Dirt bikers style. Some are cool but some are super overkill.

If you are looking for Wayfarers but looking for a "brand", look into the new Pradas. They have them in matt colors (black, red and gray).

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Got these:

[​IMG]

15. veneficus5

veneficus5 Member

cheap is exactly the look I want. I don't want $500 professional looking glasses. I want these oversized black glasses with the white accent that look like a joke smothered in awesome.