Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

Anglo American makes reasonably priced quality horn-rim types.

2. Andrewc2232

Andrewc2232 Senior member

I just picked up a pair of these a couple weeks ago: [​IMG] Also to Robbie: "Someday however, I'll own a 66 Galaxie 500 (my dream car) drive around rocking the shit out of a pair." I drive a 1966 7-Liter Galaxie. Pastel yellow with black hardtop, black leather interior with bucket seats. I'll try and get pictures up sometime soon.

3. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

[​IMG] these rltd (reiz) are really nice, but i'm a bit scared to find out what the prices are...

4. sybaritical

sybaritical Senior member

I still have these Oliver Goldsmith Handmade Renzos for sale. Gorgeous Brown tortoisehell, Unworn and polished to perfection.

5. vivalet

vivalet Senior member

6. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

silhouette

I've been wearing the same pair since 2000. They are fantastic.

http://www.silhouette.com/

Another alternative to Silhouette is Minima. They are light, manufactured in France and very good quality. You cant really tell the difference in quality until you make the lenses for the glasses. Silhouette is very good quality but Minima has paid attention to small details that make it a unique piece.

7. k4ppah

k4ppah Senior member

these rltd (reiz) are really nice, but i'm a bit scared to find out what the prices are...

I thought the same thing and emailed spectacles for humans... they're 650 each.

8. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Andrewc - any chance of a fit pic? My friend and I are very interested in the folding model, but after getting burned by a deceptively tiny pair of eBay Persols a couple of years ago, I'm hesitant.

9. CityConnection

Andrewc - any chance of a fit pic? My friend and I are very interested in the folding model, but after getting burned by a deceptively tiny pair of eBay Persols a couple of years ago, I'm hesitant.
    Best thing to do if you are buying online and havent tried them on. Get a good fitting pair of sunglasses or glasses. See how the size works for you, then look at the measurements on the frame. It will say a number then a box then a number Or a dash in between (52 'box' 15 OR 52-15). The first number is the size of the lens (horizontally) and the second number is the size of the bridge (connection between the lenses that go over your nose). Try to find something similar to what you have now. It is a 75% fool-proof way to buy online. Why 75% and not 100%, you ask? Well, there are variables like wrap of the frame, thickness of frame or bridge, length of temple, fitting of bridge, bridge skew and so on. But take them in to a reputable store, tell them you bought them online and ask if they can fit it to your face (adjustment). Thank him/her for her expertise, throw the guy/gal $5-10, he/she will be as happy as you.

10. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Was going the wayfarer route thus straying away from my usual aviator steez... but couldnt. They're a bit bigger than how I would usually hang but the curve of the frame compensates for that. http://www.alldesignereyeglasses.com...b&in=98954.jpg [x] Polarized [x] Titanium [x] Made in Italy [x] Minimal branding

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thank god you guys are finally getting off the wayfarer bandwagon they look horrible.

12. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

Thread hijack! Can anyone tell me of good online shops that are priced well and have good customer service for sunglasses? I'm looking for Persol, but it seems that all the ones I see at the local Sunglasses Hut have been raped and fingered by dirty customers [​IMG]

13. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

^^^ Use the framesdirect link at the bottom of the page ^^^ There aren't many fit pics in here, tom ford silvano. Like ray ban aviators but more rounded and slightly curved to the face, they fit like a glove and dont really leave any pad marks on the nose like I usually get. Happy with em [​IMG]

14. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Shit dude, nice shoulder->waist drop! Sunglasses are nice too.

15. CityConnection

Thread hijack! Can anyone tell me of good online shops that are priced well and have good customer service for sunglasses? I'm looking for Persol, but it seems that all the ones I see at the local Sunglasses Hut have been raped and fingered by dirty customers [​IMG]

If you're going to buy them and you see a pair that you like, if you ask nicely, they might be able to order in another pair for you.