1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mildundklar

mildundklar Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

First post here, so don't be gentle.[​IMG]

I just bought the Persol 9649-s in size 52 and I love them, except for one thing that keeps bugging me. My girlfriend told me they looked a bit small at first glance in the store - but not anymore, she took it back. Now they're perfect she says.

I hope you'll agree, or tell me to fuck off and buy another pair instead. You know why? Because I can! The frame was broken (have to return) when i purchased them, so I can go for a new pair of 52 or change my mind and go in another direction. But to be honest, I love the frame, the colour changes from grey, brown and black. A workhorse, goes with almost everything in my closet. Awesome!

So, what do you think about the size? They're avaliable in 55 as well. I have tried them, to big in my opinion (my girlfriends to).

Here's some cute pictures friends and thank you for your time.

Enjoy (and sorry for bad english)!

xoxo[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best wishes
    C

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ @mildundklar Looks good man… definitely keep the 52, do not go larger. If you end up expanding your collection with another pair you could even benefit from something a bit more angular as your face shape is pretty versatile. btw… your English is better than my what? German from your screen name? Wherever you are looks nice! :D

3. mildundklar

Thank you for those kind words @kind nickels.[​IMG]

Among my collection of sunglasses I also own two pair of Ray-Ban. Clubmaster and Wayfarer, a bit booring but always a safe card if you ask me. The time is here to expand in a crazy way from now on with a solid ground.

I'm actually from Sweden and you're correct with the German screen name.

Pictures taken in Grebbestad, Swedish west coast. It's amazing!

Damn, I already feel that this forum is perfect for me - in a bad way for my wallet. Haha. I'm also a guitar and watch entusiast with alot of ours spend on forums. This is only going to end in one way.

Soon to be ex-girlfriend.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I think the size looks fine.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

If you're looking for something really different, check out my sunglass thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/384084/a-thread-for-sunglasses-high-end-and-rarities-welcome

It's dedicated more towards high end and unusual brands. Persol is one of the better Luxxotica companies, but it still is under the same corporate umbrella as Ray-Ban, Oakley, etc. Lux likes to recycle designs across their various brands when one proves successful, so you can get more variety and better quality with the independent brands. That being said, Persol certainly isn't a bad brand, and I think the pair you posted fits you well.

6. mildundklar

Thank you @Tsujigiri - very much.

I scrolled through the thread pretty fast (working...) and I was just about to ask you about the brand Super, but you covered that part in your thread. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to get a pair of Super (two pairs actually) this spring, with a 50% deal off to. To bad, especially since they flew under my radar at ordinary price to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best wishes
    C

7. dannyh3216

dannyh3216 New Member

I have a pair of Ray Ban 1952 white gold limited edition sunglasses. Unfortunately I don't have the box but have the original case.
    These were bought 4 years ago from a sunglasses shop in the UK. Can anyone advise on value?

8. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

As much as someone is willing to pay

9. Stuarttherabbit

Stuarttherabbit New Member

My ancient B&L Wayfarers are snapped over the nose. Is there a Magician anywhere that can fix or replace this front panel?

10. artic emperor

artic emperor Member

Could anyone tell m e anything about these CARAVAN BEIGE LENSES sunglasses are they real vintage or fake?They have RAY BAN USA IN WHITE on lens and B&L RAY BAN USA ON TEMPLES BAR .B L USA IS ALSO ETCHED on both lenses.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. Elliotussery

Elliotussery New Member

My grandfather gave me a pair of his old ray ban glasses.
    I have been trying to find them on the internet for hours and I cant, they are a very strange shape and cant find any thing like them anywhere.

This is a photo of them. please help if you know anything please tell me. thanks

[​IMG]

12. Thomasvd

Thomasvd New Member

Annyone for my post/questions on page 136?
    It's about a Wayfarer.

13. Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci Senior member

Do you wanna find another pair of this model or you wanna know the name? Someone call this model: W1083 but if you google it, you'll firstly find some more squared models. Try asking to some sellers on Etsy.com which have many vintage sunglasses ( baush & lomb ray ban in this case I think are yours )they will know for sure the exact name.

14. Leonardo Da Vinci

Or also, try writing this: Baush &Lomb RAY BAN G15 TEA CUP w1081 aviator

15. Leonardo Da Vinci

Look for Oliver Peoples LOU OV 5271SU , you can't go wrong with this brand

16. Sybaris

Sybaris Member

Black frames with brown or bronze lenses yea or nay?

There was a time when we were told not to mix black with brown pieces of clothing but that has loosened up in the past decade and depends a lot on fabrics used.

I'm just wondering if it also applies to sunglasses. For instance I don't think Persol has a black frame/bronze lens combo anymore and other high end brands tend to match brown/bronze lenses with other than black frames. The more sports inclined brands, Maui Jim, Revo, Oakley do however have several different models with black frames with brown/bronze lenses.

thoughts?

thanks

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  17. dragos25

dragos25 Senior member

I want to buy a pair of Wayfarers and I'm having trouble deciding which color frames would be most versatile for me : black, navy, brown or tortoiseshell
    I mostly wear navy,grey,white,tan,olive,burgundy, hardly any black. Was thinking navy might be best because it goes with earth tones and neutrals as well as with black.
    Thanks for any help!

18. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I personally wouldn't do it. Black or grey lenses with black frames. Anything else is fair game. Green lense with tortoise is a personal favorite of mine.

What are you going to use the lense for ? I had tan lenses with black frames for cycling early in the morning when it's foggy. But I doubt that's why you're asking.

Tortoise is most versatile given the colors you listed.

19. Sybaris

Sybaris Member

Thanks for your response.

the sunglasses are to wear while traveling and sightseeing. I don't wear jeans and t-shirts so they would be to compliment khaki's and a polo