1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Nick Ayoub

Nick Ayoub Member

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

You'll look like a tool don't get them unless you're using them when skiing or cycling.

I have illstevas I got like 3 years ago and like them but not with those reflective lenses.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Looks like Lindberg's strip titanium aviator.

Look up "Luxottica." If you do your research, you'll see why people here hate Ray-Ban and Oakley. FWIW, I actually have the Gascans, but wouldn't recommend them for general use. Sport sunglasses in general don't look very good and are best used for activities that really require the impact protection (I use mine for shooting), but if that's what you really want I've found that Rudy Project makes a better product.

4. Arvinvtr

Arvinvtr Member

@Tsujigiri ok thanks a lot [​IMG]

5. positivenote

positivenote Member

Hi all,
    im looking for the best prie on-line for these sunglasses: Paul Smith Hadrian' 50mm Polarized Sunglasses dark brown
    [​IMG]

I cant seem to find them for under €270, which is outside of my budget...
    any help would be great

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  6. rlouie

rlouie New Member

I have a pair of RB 3044, the smaller 52mm frames. They have the 135mm temple arms. The frames are perfect for my face but the temple arms at 135mm are a bit too short. I just bought some 140mm temple arms that are typically used for the larger 3025/3026 aviator. they are basically the same frame just slightly bigger, they should fit fine on the 3044 frame right???

7. pfgray2008

pfgray2008 Member

Hi I’m now to forum and I’m looking to see if anyone can recommend a similar design to Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses? Specifically New Wayfarer Classic RB2123 which are framed a little smaller and lighter. Obviously the Wayfarers are an iconic design but the brand is now owned by the cartel Luxottica and I rather not give them a dime. Does anyone know of another brand that I should look into? Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

8. pfgray2008

pfgray2008 Member

Hi I’m now to forum and I’m looking to see if anyone can recommend a similar design to Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses? Specifically New Wayfarer Classic RB2123 which are framed a little smaller and lighter. Obviously Wayfarers are an iconic design but the brand is now owned by the cartel Luxottica and I rather not give them a dime. Does anyone know of another brand that I should look into? Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

9. rlouie

rlouie New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

okay so an email to Ray Ban customer service quickly got me a reply on this subject. All Ray Ban aviator temple arms fit on all steel framed aviators. For instance the RB 3025/3026 arms will fit on the smaller RB3044 and so on and so on............

10. Nick Ayoub

Nick Ayoub Member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  11. pfgray2008

pfgray2008 Member

Sorry but that brand is not sold anywhere in US market. Shipping from EU or Demark makes returning products a hassle and potentially very costly if you don't like the product.

12. OmniscientCause

That isnt true it is sold places in the us you just have to look...stop being lazy.

13. pfgray2008

pfgray2008 Member

Sorry but the company does not list any retail locations in the US nor can I find a online retailer within the US that carries Wolfgang from Han Kjobenhaven. I just spent the last 30 minutes checking multiple sites but most are in the UK and that simply won't work for me.

14. OmniscientCause

15. pfgray2008

pfgray2008 Member

I'm just going to call you out your wrong twice. Lyst is not direct seller it is an intermediary processing site based in London and referrs back to the manufacture site for policy's and returns.

16. OmniscientCause

Whatever makes you sleep better at night bro...if it isn't potentially worth 20 bucks to ship back don't buy them and find something for yourself.

I don't sympathize with people who need help finding something that looks good on them. Try shit for yourself. Sometimes it cost money to find out it doesn't work. Take your lumps and move on. Go to an independent eyeware store in your area and pic something that looks good.

Your comment that Han is not sold in U.S. Is wrong. Maybe I didn't provide a solid example but they sell Han on jcrew and have for like 4 years...just not the one you want.

I told you to look into bp yesterday. They have more frames that look like wayfarer then anyone else. I'm not linking them because I'm on my phone and it's a pain in the ass

1 person likes this.
  17. pfgray2008

pfgray2008 Member

Finding items available in certain markets can be tricky scenario regardless if it’s sunglasses I just rather use U.S based retailer for smoother transaction and possible free shipping and returns. Especially if I order several models and finishes. As for your suggestion on Barton Perreira thank you I’ve never heard of this brand until now,I will definitely be take a look at these.

18. Naeads

Naeads New Member

19. Thomasvd

Thomasvd New Member

Yust found these Ray Ban Wayfarer 2 glasses between old stuf from my father.
    I live in The Netherlands(also known as Holland) and can't seem to find info in Dutch.
    I can't find all the info in Englisch either, so please help me.

I'm looking for:
    Year of make?
    Is it rare?
    Is it worth anything with little scrathes from using?
    Is it worth polishing?
    Should I Polish or not?
    All the other info

[​IMG]
    Ray-Ban logo (in 3D-relief)

[​IMG]
    B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A.

[​IMG]
    L1725 XRAW CE

[​IMG]
    Wayfarer II

[​IMG]
    BL on the right lens (the L is 'hanging' under the B)

[​IMG]
    Bl on the left lens (the l is also 'hanging' under the B but it looks like a small "L" or a big "i")

[​IMG]

20. Barney54

Barney54 New Member

Hey ,

I'm looking for model sunglasses this video, I think these the 0714 but I would like to know very precisely the part reference numb of the glasses and frame color.
    Thank you

Video:

or

Ps: sorry for the mistakes i'm French^^