• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses Advice

tennesseean_87

Reaction score
I need new shades. I like wayfarers, but am thinking of trying something different. Kent Wang's Keyhole sunglasses look good, but I'm not sure they're a good fit for my facial structure.

Kent Wang Keyhole

20419328299_201d33db07_k_2_1_2_1.jpg

My face with 140mm wide wayfarer-ish shades:

g1FNQCh.jpg

Any good recommendations apart from those above in a similar or cheaper price point? I like Tortoise Shell color, preferably brown lenses, and polarization is nice.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need new shades. I like wayfarers, but am thinking of trying something different. Kent Wang's Keyhole sunglasses look good, but I'm not sure they're a good fit for my facial structure.

Kent Wang Keyhole

g1FNQCh.jpg

Any good recommendations apart from those above in a similar or cheaper price point? I like Tortoise Shell color, preferably brown lenses, and polarization is nice.
I actually think those Wangs (in the smaller - 47mm lens - size) would work really well for your face.

tennesseean_87

Reaction score
I actually think those Wangs (in the smaller - 47mm lens - size) would work really well for your face.

Thanks. That's a question I forgot to mention--which size.

Anachronist

Reaction score
I second that. Also think the Wayfarer suit you very well (envy you for this... always wanted some, but they don't suit me)!

Stylekid123

Reaction score
I am looking to buy new sunglasses and I am thinking of going with Person Typewriters. Can anybody confirm if these are Persol?

tennesseean_87

Reaction score
I got some cheap clubmasters with an eBay coupon, but wasn't sure they were quite right, so I went to Sunglass Hut and tried some Wayfarers and Clubmasters (49mm and 51mm) on. I can still return the CMs. I hate decisions.

SFOkLcp.jpg

49mm:
3eCacjF.jpg

51mm:
wziR30h.jpg

51mm seemed more comfortable. I think the 49mm would get too tight, but could be slightly adjusted. Wayfarers seemed tight as well, but again, could probably be adjusted.

The Kent Wangs with the spring hinges seem like a deal. I may order both and return whatever doesn't fit.

EdT

Reaction score

Kent Wang Keyhole

g1FNQCh.jpg

The keyhole design is actually a trademark of the Shuron Sidewinders and Shuron Ronsir is the original design that Bausch+Lomb copied for it's Wayfarer and Clubmaster sunglasses. The Sidewinder is the true American Classic and today is still made in the USA you can still get it with and without prescription directly from their factory for less than a non-prescription Wayfarer ! Their website is a bit primitive, but you can phone them to order your prescription or non-prescription sunglasses.

Attachments

• SIDEWINDER DEMI AMBER - LIGHT GRAY.jpg
    SIDEWINDER DEMI AMBER - LIGHT GRAY.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

EdT

Reaction score
I got some cheap clubmasters with an eBay coupon, but wasn't sure they were quite right, so I went to Sunglass Hut and tried some Wayfarers and Clubmasters (49mm and 51mm) on. I can still return the CMs. I hate decisions.

SFOkLcp.jpg

49mm:
3eCacjF.jpg

51mm:
wziR30h.jpg

51mm seemed more comfortable. I think the 49mm would get too tight, but could be slightly adjusted. Wayfarers seemed tight as well, but again, could probably be adjusted.

The Kent Wangs with the spring hinges seem like a deal. I may order both and return whatever doesn't fit.

Since I need prescription sunglasses these days my favorite sunglasses cost me a grand total of $16.95usd shipped ...naturally I have half a dozen pair of each in the car, briefcase, home etc... people wonder how I could afford so many pairs of prescription sunglasses when they cost like over $600+ a pair! ...LoL

Same dimensions as the Wayfarers

Same dimension as the Clubmasters

sunwearvn

Reaction score
Keyhole style look great for both men and women.
My wife had this style from Guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads