Sunglass wear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Longhorn, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

is it ok to wear them inside? wht about on a day that is, not sunny? like at night
    i just bought a baby blue/clearish pair and was wondering when it is ok to wear them, b/c it is really an accessory to my outfit. Also, I have seen pics of brad pitt wearing them at night, and am confused of when it looks tacky

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I think if you are not in the sun, you shouldn't be wearing sunglasses. It's a pretty simple rule. I wear mine almost all the time I am driving during the day, because they are polarized and not very dark, so they cut glare but not too much vision. I don't wear them inside though, it's not only ridiculous looking but also disconcerting and rude to other people who can't see your eyes.

j.

3. Europe's Finest

Europe's Finest Well-Known Member

It depends on who you are...Puff Daddy aka P.Diddy aka Sean Combs is wearing his sunglasses all the time. [​IMG] ...just kidding...I wouldn't wear 'em inside.

4. Abe2

Abe2 Well-Known Member

Do not ever wear sunglasses indoors. Brad Pitt and Puff Daddy do it deliberately to be irreverant and obnoxious, not because it is an "accessory to their outfits"

5. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Don't do it! I had mine on my forehead going through CDG, and they fell onto my nose as I was walking out with my hands full carrying my luggage. Some french guy w/ an M-16 went ape on me and started going through my bags.

Plus, it's just bad form unless you're hungover or high.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I always see people wearing their dark glasses indoors.

I don't really like looking at other people's eyes nor other people look at mine when talking so I sometimes wear them too.

Sometimes I wear my eyeglasses since the frames are sufficently large, they might as well be shields.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Wow, serious necropost.

8. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Wow, serious necropost.
    I didn't see the date. It showed up on page 1 for me as if it had just been added.