• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglass brands, Ray Ban, Maui Jim, Reptile

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
I thihnk that's the first thing I've ever agreed on with you.
I also like these:

s1223c.JPG

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a pair of Revos and a pair of Maui Jims, and for me the Revos are optically no better (perhaps worse, in fact) than the Maui Jims.

Maui Jim has great lenses but frames that unfortunately range from boring to fugly. I wear them for my daily use driving sunglasses and they are probably the best I have owned for that purpose.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Persol 649.
I like the 2628, still looking for a pair at not-full-price. (Not the grey ones that keep coming up on Ebay.)

B-Man

Reaction score
I wear Ray Ban, a collection from the 70´s and 80´s. They are the classic kind, don´t stand out too much but have got quite some style.
And also, they are original and never before worn.

Here´s where I bought them, if you want to have look.

http://vintage-sunglasses-shop.com

DMcG

Reaction score
I have a pair of the Maui Jim Titanium Sports that I really like. They are a hingless design and are lightweight so they are very comfortable to wear. They are also available in a different sizes which was very nice for me as most normal sunglasses are too small to fit comfortably or like right on my face. I've never personally had to deal with their customer service but my step-father's Maui Jims were damaged and he said that the service for getting them fixed was great.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Revo... I've been using Revo sunglasses exclusively for more than fifteen years, and they're absolutely wonderful! Revo claims to use the same type of lens that is found on the Space Shuttle... but whatever - they're great sunglasses.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I can highly recommend Revo as well. I've had four or five of them over the years and they are well made and have terrific optics.

this_is_james

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYLaw
If you live near an OP store, you can pick whatever color and coatings you want.

i didn't know that! i recently bought the aero w/ black frames and black lense(although looks more like a bluish grey). if i could choose i'd get a matte silver frame w/ dark grey lens.

Dan-

Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
Come on Dan, you can't do that. Teasing with bargains is just not fair. You gotta give a name, unless you are shilling for them, in which case
boxing[1].gif

Ah ha! I found it. The website is www.framesdirect.com and you can check the Revo website to see that they are an authorized reseller. I paid $179 for a pair of glasses that cost about $250 at sunglasshut. And nearly broke them the first time I wore them sailing, though they did bend back. Oops.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an exceedingly vulgar-looking pair of Rudy Projects, with mirror lenses.

blackvb7.gif

I bought these because they are the only cycling glasses I have ever found that are both wrap-around and will take a prescription lens.

At a pinch, I can also unclip the glare screen, and use them as normal prescription glasses.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all i kno is that
oliver peoples
robert marc
selima optique
sama
and chrome hearts
make reallly really sweet sunglasses

oliver poeples and robert marc being the best quality

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all i kno is that
oliver peoples
robert marc
selima optique
sama
and chrome hearts
make reallly really sweet sunglasses

oliver poeples and robert marc being the best quality

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I bought some $100 Raybans about 3 months ago and in direct sunlight I still get a headache wearing them. I like their sleak style, but they are only slightly better than my $10 aviator knock off pair.

I will probably keep them around just for style purposes, but I will have to throw down the $300+ I think for a nicer pair with nicer lenses.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
All I know is that I bought some $100 Raybans about 3 months ago and in direct sunlight I still get a headache wearing them. I like their sleak style, but they are only slightly better than my $10 aviator knock off pair.

I will probably keep them around just for style purposes, but I will have to throw down the $300+ I think for a nicer pair with nicer lenses.

That is my exact problem. Sorry to hear about the headaches, good to know I am not crazy.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Persol
RayBan are both classic and, IME, of impeccable quality

.. preferable to the fashion brands which put their name on everything and anything

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads