Sunday dress shoes. need opinions.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HanSoo417, Oct 7, 2009.

1. HanSoo417

HanSoo417 Senior member

2. Faded501s

Faded501s Senior member

They're not going to get any love here because they're glued together and use corrected grain leather. With that being said I really don't like the toe shape that much but otherwise they seem to be a good deal *for the price*. A lot of guys here wear $50 socks so take any comments with a grain of salt. I doubt you could do much better looking for a new pair of dress shoes with $50. They are nothing special though.

3. agavilanes

agavilanes Senior member

4. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

Between those two i'd go for the first one, the bostonians are also nice but for that price I would not trust the quality of tehm to be fair.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Just looking for a nice pair of sunday dress shoes. http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-bost...4&ci_sku=11822 what do ya guys think? It's on ebay for $50 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
    I confess, I bought a pair of these Cantons myself. I knew better. It was a mistake, though they are better than low end Florsheims of the same price range. If I may add, you should be aware that the heel is 1/8" too high on these shoes. They 'look' good enough for that price, but the heel height is wrong. I reccommend don't buy them. Better to bid on a used pair of Allen Edmonds.

6. nohomo

nohomo Senior member

Are these for going to church? If so, just get those Ebay ones. It's god damn mother fucking church for christ sakes. You don't need double leather soles and goodyear welts while you're sitting in the pew.

7. HanSoo417

HanSoo417 Senior member

Yeah, I figure since I'm wearing them every week I don't really need to spend a whole lot. I plan on getting some AE cliftons sometime in the future when I got more money. Those will be for nicer occasion. I'm still a student. lol

8. HanSoo417

HanSoo417 Senior member

9. agavilanes

agavilanes Senior member

http://www.florsheim.com/shop-fl/sho...prod18358.html

are these any better?

They look better than your previous choices (I'm a suvker for brown shoes), but in quality terms, I'm afraid Florsheim is not the best choice.

Check ebay for Allen Edmonds. They could be get for a little more than those Florsheims. Also, If you are an US 9 -10, check the for sale thread in my signature below. Maybe you could find something there.

10. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

11. HanSoo417

HanSoo417 Senior member

price and appearance are both important but at this point I'd have to say that price is more the driving force. I just need to make sure the shoes aren't hideous for a cheap price.

12. mtsoccer4

mtsoccer4 Senior member

What size are you? I have a pair of Allen Edmonds "Clifton" in 11D that I would like to sell. I wore them 6 times and are in EXCELLENT condition. If this is your size, you can get a $330 pair of shoes for about 70% off. Google 'em, they look a lot like the ones you were looking at

13. HanSoo417

HanSoo417 Senior member

I actually would buy em if they were my size but I'm a 7.5.

14. GBR

GBR Senior member

More junk - go to a decent shop.