• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunburn

parsonsdb

Reaction score
Oh man guys, i was at the beach this weekend with my girlfriend, i got cooked, were talking KFC extra crispie. This is not the first and certianly not gonna be the last. But is there anything that you guys do to help the burn, pain, general annoyance ? Thank you all, this is forum is great.

Parsonsdb

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
You poor baby...Tough to feel sorry for you. Aloe vera...

PConsultant

Reaction score
I got cooked last summer (being Irish/German sets you up for that) and have done a few things to keep myself comfortable: 1) Keeping the area cool with towels or cool showers 2) Taking Tylenol, ibupfrofen, or other pain relievers 3) Using aloe vera or other moisturizers 4) Spraying the area with Solarcaine or other cooling solvents 5) Drinking lots of water And in the future, use a powerful sunblock and spend less time in the sun. Good luck
confused.gif

NavyStyles

Reaction score
This may be getting a little redundant, but aloe-vera works wonders. I'm quite Anglo-Saxon which makes me rather fair-skinned. I've had my share of burns. If you don't tan and want the look, try a lotion (Coppertone, Neutrogena, etc.). I've done it on a few occasions and as long as you get it evenly spread (which really isnt hard) it looks fine. I highly recommend the Coppertone. It goes on easy and doesnt stink. In the meantime, stay indoors and well-covered.

parsonsdb

Reaction score
Gentlemen, thank you all for the advice. The aloe does work very well. I hope none of you get cooked like me, i forgot how much fun sunburn isn't. Thanks again, have a great one.
Parsonsdb

FRATERNITYSTUD

Reaction score
I'm reminded of the time I was down in Miami for my spring break. Trust me, no matter how bad your burn was mine was worse.. Had to call a doctor it was that bad. She recommended ADVIL, and a lot of it. Then there is aloe-vera, drinking fluids, and do yourself a favor and don't go back out into the sun for a while. And since you are using aloe-vera, you should have a beautiful new layer of skin emerge once all your burned skin starts peeling (which it will..) Definitely hit up the sunscreen next time you are out, there may not be a cure for skin cancer in the next 20 years.

Cheers.

FRATERNITYSTUD

Reaction score
One more thing...Benalyn works great for keeping the itching down to a minimum.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moved to Body.

mmalik

Reaction score
For sunburn there is nothing better than aloe vera gel; it is antibacterial and deeply healing for burns in part because of aloectin B, which stimulates the immune system. Aloe vera gel is used in hospitals for burn victims. Aloe Vera comes from the aloe vera plant, and the gel may be squeezed from its leaves,

I buy all my aloe vera products from forever living its a 60 day money back guarantee have a look at their website www.aloe-herbal.com

xx :) xx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads