• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summertime WAYWT

sleepr

Reaction score
I love reading through the WAYWT thread, but it's really hard to draw inspiration when everyone seems to wear layers upon layers. Another WAYWT thread specifically for hotter temperatures could let folks show off some summertime swag without being compared to the dapper dans in suits, boots, and button downs.

Can't contribute at the moment as I'm at work, but I'd love to see what ya'll are wearing to beat the heat

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sleepr
I love reading through the WAYWT thread, but it's really hard to draw inspiration when everyone seems to wear layers upon layers. Another WAYWT thread specifically for hotter temperatures could let folks show off some summertime swag without being compared to the dapper dans in suits, boots, and button downs.

Can't contribute at the moment as I'm at work, but I'd love to see what ya'll are wearing to beat the heat

People are posting layers upon layers for the most part because it's not summer yet for most. It's still April. I appreciate you wanting to start a new thread, but it's not the best idea. Wait 3 more months and you'll start to see warm weather fits. Or search back to last summer for what you're looking for.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love reading through the WAYWT thread, but it's really hard to draw inspiration when everyone seems to wear layers upon layers. Another WAYWT thread specifically for hotter temperatures could let folks show off some summertime swag without being compared to the dapper dans in suits, boots, and button downs. Can't contribute at the moment as I'm at work, but I'd love to see what ya'll are wearing to beat the heat
this is actually a good idea. thanks for the thread. i just got some super cool mmm shorts ... maybe i should wear them.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can't you just search the existing thread and skim through last summer's contributions? You aren't going to see anything new right now because like tonio said, it's not summer. Hell, it was in the 30s here yesterday with HEAVY winds and winter mixes.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Can't you just search the existing thread and skim through last summer's contributions? You aren't going to see anything new right now because like tonio said, it's not summer. Hell, it was in the 30s here yesterday with HEAVY winds and winter mixes.
yeah I saw you guys got some snow in Michigan... It was fing cold here... windchills got down into the 20s Where the F is spring

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
yeah I saw you guys got some snow in Michigan... It was fing cold here... windchills got down into the 20s

Where the F is spring

its in the 70s today!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the idea is good but execution may be so so.

it would be good because most of the good fits on WAYWT are creative with different items, cuts, styles, layers, etc. but its harder to show creativity or even practicality when its 70+ and your sweating your balls off.

the fits for summer will all be similar ... shorts/rolled up pants/jeans + tshirt/BD + sneakers/boat shoes/sandals/blabla

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i propose this thread be a "best of past summer waywts"

sleepr

Reaction score
Apologies, gents. I'm from Texas so it gets pretty hot pretty early, (I think we decided to skip spring and jump straight into summer this year) so I guess I'm a little insensitive to the temperatures of other geographic regions when I'm sweating my balls off. I would love to see a "best of", but I guess I'll just have to wait for everybody else to feel the heat in order to see some creative postings.

...I know there's somebody out there who wants to show off how good he looks so we can get some images in this *****.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand why you would want summer to arrive (assuming you live in a place where summer is nice), but the summertime SF fits are generally pretty boring. Since people are bored, they argue about dumb ****, even more than usual. So don't get too excited.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this was june 16, 2009! About two years ago!
5645029402_d256620f1b_m.jpg
April 24, 2010
4549578432_f70c6655f3.jpg
This year, probably just cropped pants and cotton blazer.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i think the idea is good but execution may be so so.

it would be good because most of the good fits on WAYWT are creative with different items, cuts, styles, layers, etc. but its harder to show creativity or even practicality when its 70+ and your sweating your balls off.

the fits for summer will all be similar ... shorts/rolled up pants/jeans + tshirt/BD + sneakers/boat shoes/sandals/blabla

+1. All I wear are white v neck t shirt and shorts. I will throw on a button up for special occasions, but you can't get too dressy when the weather is 90+ degrees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads