• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer!

Trackstarr

Reaction score
where can i find a slim pair of shorts???

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappysloopy
Are you able to still rock the flannel in the summer? I live in North Dakota so it's about the same summer here. I wear flannel if it's cold at night but I can't handle it during the day.

I only own a few flannels, I look forward to breaking my chambrays in this summer.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Tastes change.

img55779239.jpg

So far this is the only one I got.

I'm largely against Hawaiian shirts, but I think it's because the mental image I have of them is that huge boxy fit on old men with socks and sandals and maui jim sunglasses.

slappysloopy

Reaction score
I don't really get what chambray is. I'm not exactly at the fashion capital of the world or even the midwest. Is it comparable to any other fabrics?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for button ups (western inspired or solids) that are cheap and slimcut besides H&M, Uniqlo, J Crew? Or plain T's (crew/Vnecks) that are nice enough to wear outside and cheap? I have stocked a bunch of AA shirts from the previous years and they are getting threadbare, plus they are really inconsistant with sizing and the fit itself is weird (torso is LOOOONG).

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really get what chambray is. I'm not exactly at the fashion capital of the world or even the midwest. Is it comparable to any other fabrics?

Chambray is like selvage. Once you see it in person and get a look/feel at what it is, you will always know it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

Chambray is a fabric that in the weave have 2 of one color yarn going one way and another color crossing them. It also yields a lighter hand.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
starting new thread

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you dig there are a lot of shorts at H&M on the slimmer side. Picked up a couple pairs that look good rolled a bit.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this summer is all about sweat pants cut offs.

TerryWogan

Reaction score
Thinking about turning an old pair of Levi's into denim shorts. Should I go just below the knee, just above it or full on Tobias Funke cut-offs? Also, cuffed or hemmed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads