1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Summer weight wool slacks with polo shirt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gooch, Oct 5, 2006.

1. gooch

gooch New Member

Do you think that summer weight wool slacks in shades of tan look good with a polo shirt or does the informal nature of a polo shirt suggest that cotton trousers are a more appropriate match?

2. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

I think what you describe looks fine, so long as you wear the appropriate accessories and footwear. Don't go with boat shoes and a surcingle belt for instance (which would be fine with cotton trou), but rather a nice loafer and belt in brown leather.

And welcome to SF.

3. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

I should also note that this would undoubtedly be pulled off to much greater effect with a mercerized or pima polo rather than a hearty mesh cotton. As in most cases, it's all about how the overall look comes together.

4. gooch

gooch New Member

Thanks for the reply. I had planned on wearing dark brown AE Harrisons with this combo. After reading the posts here my gut was the look would work but wanted to see what others thought.