• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer suits without socks

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On looks like the attached, yeah I think it looks good.

But as others said, it has to be the right combination

manofstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight

Yeah... but look like loafers.

I dunno, sockless & suited could look too funky with suede bucks. And a tie! Open-necked maybe. Another factor to consider.

wiru

Reaction score
Loafer socks are douchey?
rolleyes.gif
No one even sees them. But yes they are very feminine and will probably make you gay.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go sans socks with loafers and a linen or cotton suit. Baby powder reduces the sweat.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Sandals= Yes
Everything else= No
So Says I.
smile.gif

To add some perspective...
The super-rich boys here may well support the sockless style, and I respect that.
However, let the rest of us be mindful, that a pair of shoes to their income level,
is no more than a candy bar is to the rest of us.
We must be mindful of this.
They can afford to wear & toss away if they ruined a shoe.
99% of the rest of us, cannot afford such luxuries.
Maybe I am wrong, but that is the way I see it.

I would never consider going sockless in any pair of, what I consider to be 'expensive' shoes.
Silk socks are an option that I rather prefer. They are ultra-light, and provide some measure of barrier between shoe to foot.
Ankle socks are the other option ofcourse. You get the effect of sockless or close enough to.

For me (not that anyone cares..heh), I'll do sockless in Sandals & Sperry's.
At least I can wash them after.

If it's done right, I like the look of sockless,
but I also think of Athlete's Foot, and other sanitary reasons for not supporting bare feet in shoes.

suitsusid

Reaction score
personally socks are the way to go in all seasons!! for summer i have a selection of very thin hugo boss socks in various light summer colours...hardly noticeable when on...and damn comfortable with all types of summer shoes...only time to go sockless is sandals/flipfops etc..

Guero

Reaction score
If to work, then I'd echo the sentiment about wearing socks. If not, I do not hesitate to take them off, even though I sweat, and I even though I live in Houston. My only problem is that, much to my wife's dismay, my loafer socks have in fact turned me gay. So I'm still adjusting to that.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight

You're kidding right? He looks 'knstupid, like he's wearing his little brother's pants.
stirpot.gif

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Not loafer socks. half-socks. No one's ever going to see them or know you're wearing them. Honestly, between the colorful pants, "artisan" umbrella discussions, and leather satchel p0rn, I'd say half-socks are about the LEAST gay thing this board has to worry about.
kitchenhome_2053_572106557
These are functional, thus they get a pass.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Yeah those are totally gay, but if you shotgun 3 beers simultaneously while doing 5 virgins it can be offset.

They're socks, man. Calm down. ********** won't shrink to any smaller than it already is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics