• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer style...

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
With Spring in and Summer a few months around the corner, I'm starting to think about summer style. Winter was very generous in allowing me to wear more clothing, but the key to summer is minimalism. On 100 degree day, I wouldn't want to be caught outside in a sport coat.

The WAYWN thread has too many posts with too many keywords thrown around that don't really help with what I am looking for. Perhaps that thread could have Sub-Divisions for themes (Formal, Casual, Business, Hot Weather, Cold Weather, etc..) So that if I would like to see style examples for warmer weather, it wouldn't take as much time.

That said, I'd love to know, not what are you wearing today but what are your general Warm/Hot weather style guidelines .

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton and linen will be your best clothing friends for the warmer weather.

Spring and summer are great for colors as well. Pinks, reds, greens, orange, etc can be used more easily. Gingham, checks, and stripes will be good patterns for shirts.

Lightweight, sometimes colorful, chinos and stylish loafers with either bright colored/patterned socks or no socks will help to round it out. Sperry Topsiders can be a great go-to casual shoe. 1/2 or less lined cotton and linen jackets can usually be worn on all but the hottest of days. Evenings will allow lighter weight wool jackets as well.

Get several pairs of decent sunglasses with one or two standouts.

These are just some suggestions off the top of my head. I'm sure others can chime in with more detail or point out flaws in my advice.

Cheers

*EDIT*

Also take a look at the WAYWN thread from previous summers and more recent posts from members in warmer climates in order to get a better idea for summer style.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoy wearing linen during the hottest days of summer. Lots of cotton, too.

eyeshield

Reaction score
Thin fabric suits me during summer, The hot days of this season makes me sweat to death. I personally dress my self up with trendy accessories like a pair of Sunglasses. It's primarily not only to be on style but also for my eyes' protection against suns rays.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads