1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Summer shorts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Riio, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Nil

Nil Senior member

I despise jean shorts.

2. changed

changed Senior member

3. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

I'm a big fan of the JCrew Club shorts as well. I'll be picking up a few when the weather gets nice.

4. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Gap has some great khaki shorts that break just above the knee and are pretty slim overall. I got a pair for $30 (don't think it was on sale) last year and I preferred the fabric and construction to the J. Crew club shorts. I haven't tried any shorts for the coming season so I don't know if they have changed since then...

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

6. Riio

Riio Senior member

i like this look, even the stupid-thick cardigan [​IMG]

7. jet

jet Senior member

jet is this the damir you talking about ? guess who got it last summer...
    [​IMG]

No mine is from the year before that which was the first iteration of that, much nicer. And guess who got them because of yours truly because he couldn't find my version.

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

I am hoping to make some cut-offs out of some thrifted levis white-tabs.

if i were wealthy id just kop the OCx Levis jawns in curry... i[ve been lusting over them since they dropped.

9. hunky

hunky Member

Grey snakeskin pattern woman's highwaisted pants cut off above the knee, too easy.

10. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Are jean shorts actually in this season?

11. qma

qma Senior member

My prime concern is not reg shorts, but swim-shorts. Since they also qualify as shorts, they are hereby invited to the discussion. APC's madras are the only ones I can see myself buy at the moment, though I havent really made an effort to look around. If anyone has ideas they are most welcome to share. As for regular shorts Acne has some if you havent seen [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

Id rather wear cut off khakis.[/IMG]

Gap Original khakis hemmed to 10" make the best shorts.

13. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Splendid Mills makes great shorts.

14. hastur

hastur Senior member

i like this look, even the stupid-thick cardigan [​IMG]
    no this is just stupid if you are wearing an inch thick cardigan or black shorts outside of the gym youa re doing something wrong

15. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

^^^
    Naw dawg, you stoops.

The shorts look charcoal to me, but even if they are black, so what?

Who the fuck cares if jean shorts are "in"? Raw short shorts might be interesting, but designer jorts are pretty heinous for the most part.

Anyway, i'll be rocking some cut-and-cuffed trousers and whatever else I stumble upon. I chopped my khaki T-000s into short shorts but I can't wear them with a cuff as they strangle my legs, oh well.

16. seany

seany Senior member

no this is just stupid

if you are wearing an inch thick cardigan or black shorts outside of the gym youa re doing something wrong

What if the knit cardigan is 50/50 linen/cotton mix ?

17. hastur

hastur Senior member

^^^ Naw dawg, you stoops. The shorts look charcoal to me, but even if they are black, so what? Who the fuck cares if jean shorts are "in"? Raw short shorts might be interesting, but designer jorts are pretty heinous for the most part. Anyway, i'll be rocking some cut-and-cuffed trousers and whatever else I stumble upon. I chopped my khaki T-000s into short shorts but I can't wear them with a cuff as they strangle my legs, oh well.
    yeah i guess they do look charcoal, not black, you're right that said if you're wearing shorts it's probably summer and the sun is probably out since that is probably the case why would you wear anything that is black
    What if the knit cardigan is 50/50 linen/cotton mix ?
    what if

18. seany

seany Senior member

If the cardigan is 50/50 linen/cotton would it be alright to wear it with shorts?

19. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

American Apparel has some nice 6" seersucker shorts. They really only work if you have long legs with well-defined quads.

20. jet

jet Senior member

That is a thick ass pure wool cardigan from margiela fw07 and du is a retard for wearing that with shorts.