Summer shorts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Riio, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Riio

Riio Senior member

how do you guys feel about shorts? i feel they can be really flattering proportions wise but my shorts shoegame is weak and i just end up wearing white plimsolls all the time. any recommendations for simple, slim shorts?

2. PiperInAlberta

PiperInAlberta Senior member

I know I'll get a [​IMG] from others here but...

American Eagle makes good, comfy shorts (of the non-cargo variety) for a decent price. They are also usually free of any obnoxious branding.

That being said, I'll be following this topic with interest and I'm in the market for some new shorts.

3. kaiserkarl

kaiserkarl Senior member

i look like a big kid in shorts. i do like preppy style shorts like nantucket reds, seersucker, madras, plaid fabrics. i wore them with a sneaker like thingy without the heel area. they were from diesel. i imagine espadrilles would work too but my calves are to huge for them to look good. so i stick to sandals and only wear them at the beach.

4. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

I only wear Ralph Lauren Polo cargo shorts. Flattering on anybody.

5. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

jcrew's club shorts are pretty nice and slim. they come in 9-11" inseams which is nice. i just picked up two pairs of the 9" inseam club shorts. you could always have shorts tailored to fit slimmer too.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

comme plaid golf shorts
    damir doma dual layer
    bless shiny black slim cotton
    jil ice grey linen with side buckles

7. rzarector36

rzarector36 Well-Known Member

stussy had a lot of nice shorts this season

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

boris bidjan double shorts (waxed linen) w/leather ties

9. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

obedient sons raw hem jawns, rag and bone blade shorts, uniqlo whatever whatevers and of course our legacy jump offs and band of outsiders.

10. hastur

hastur Senior member

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...d=1&pid=729514 BR has 30% off on their chino shorts atm until 3/14, just picked up a few pair for this summer for like $60 shipped. Look okay to me, hopefully they won't be too big. Plain color chino shorts aren't really something I feel like I need to spend a lot of money on - as long as they fit, the inseam is right, and they aren't too baggy, they're fine to me. No one is really going to notice your shorts unless there's something terribly wrong with them, they look at what you pair them with - your footwear and shirt.

11. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

I dunno man these are HUGE, the thigh is at least 10" too wide! And they are too long. Look at his leg and the extra fabric is double the width of his leg.... Not a fan of these at all. Id rather wear cut off khakis.

[​IMG]

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...d=1&pid=729514

BR has 30% off on their chino shorts atm until 3/14, just picked up a few pair for this summer for like $60 shipped. Look okay to me, hopefully they won't be too big.

Plain color chino shorts aren't really something I feel like I need to spend a lot of money on - as long as they fit, the inseam is right, and they aren't too baggy, they're fine to me. No one is really going to notice your shorts unless there's something terribly wrong with them, they look at what you pair them with - your footwear and shirt.

12. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

Ervell grey linen shorts, Ervell black formal shorts, Ervell light blue shorts: all SS09.

13. hastur

hastur Senior member

I dunno man these are HUGE, the thigh is at least 10" too wide! And they are too long. Look at his leg and the extra fabric is double the width of his leg.... Not a fan of these at all. Id rather wear cut off khakis.

[​IMG]

i have 25" quads, so we'll see

br is pretty friendly when it comes to returns, and i have a pair of linen shorts i got from them last summer which are very slim, they actually don't fit around my quads now... heh

14. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

jet is this the damir you talking about ? guess who got it last summer... [​IMG]